Ray Combs - host of The Family Feud television game show

PJ

I was doing some research about The Family Feud television game show. Over the years, it had a few hosts. One of them was Ray Combs who hosted the show between 1988 and 1994.

I just learned the following interesting fact about him:

Combs would tell contestants he liked their high-heel shoes, ask to try them on and walk around the set wearing them.

I only watched the show sporadically and never saw him wearing a contestant's high heels. Has anyone ever seen this?

I will scour the internet to see if a photo of this exists.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Ray Combs was rather small in stature. I would guess about 5'6 or so. I remember one show when he wore a contestant's high heels. The woman took off her shoes when he asked her to, but had this very bewildered look on her face as she handed them over. He did walk around for one segment of the show in them but gave them back to her before the final contest. I also read in an article a few year ago that a women somewhere sent a pair of red high heeled pumps to him with a note expressing here believe that he shouldn't have to beg a women for her shoes if he wanted to wear heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

1988 through 1994... geez, I was between ages 4 and 10, but can recall on more than one occasion him doing this. He'd usually do it before a commercial break, no telling how long he'd wear them. Perhaps during the whole break, or just til they commercials actually came on. Google and Yahoo image searches have turned up nothing thus far. All hope is not lost though.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I saw him do this as well. He wore them through one segment, between commercial breaks. It may have been him or someone else, but I also remember a guy walking through a mall on camera in hh's. The camera filmed people's reactions as the guy ( in a business suit) walked casually by. It caused quite a stir in the mall....

If anyone is interested, I found this website from a guy that "collects" game show episodes. Maybe you can convince him to do a still or a video clip of him wearing heels.

http://www.geocities.com/mills769070/

Scotty

If you decide to follow it up here is the info of what show it was:

Taurmina(champs) vs. Cross (episode #865, Original Airing Date:11/18/91)(Game Show Network)

Notes:

Ray wears a woman's high heels

part of third question missing

Ray kisses one of the women on the losing family

Source:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/adamjk/

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!