Photo
- - - - -

Are You Stuck In High Heels?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you 'Stuck In High Heels"? (376 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you 'Stuck In High Heels"?

1. Voted YES (117 votes [65.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.36%

2. Voted NO (62 votes [34.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 fashionista

fashionista
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

the same for me, i regulary take my heels off inside the house... but outside i'm always on heels

#22 24/7_on_hh

24/7_on_hh
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:29 PM

I'll confess to, I"m "stuck" in high heels. I don't hurt. And there are more than enough sport things you can do. Outside, inside and at night I dont wear anything but high heels. So i vote yes. But I also think that if you realy want you can get back to lower heels and even flats. But it wil take the same time to get down as to get high. And yes it is romantic and yes it is a trill. I have got al lot of attention from everyone. Work, private. I wear regular 5 inch. But take the the time to pamper your feet. Clean them, dry them trim your nails be carfull with them. But I am Stuck Its a fact. Esther

#23 Amanda Snake

Amanda Snake

Miss Amanda actually

• Members
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:20 PM

I'll confess to, I"m "stuck" in high heels. I don't hurt. And yes it is romantic and yes it is a trill. I have got al lot of attention from everyone.
Esther

Esther do you not find it hurts when you jump out of bed suddenly to answer the phone or wait at the Airport security counter for your shoes to come through the x-ray machine or remove them in a friends house to save a softwood floor??.

Myself, I don't find it romantic, it's something that happened unawares to me while I was busy over the years enjoying wearing heels.

sure I still enjoy the public attention I get but close friends think I'm a little strange.

#24 Nantine

Nantine
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:31 AM

I like wearing high heels at my job,for clubbing,just going to the supermarket or for a walk.Everywhere... I like this sensation that i feel when i wear them and sometimes i have to answer at some people that stop me and ask me where i bought this and where I bought that. Recently,a woman stopped me and asked me how i can walk so many hours on them. :santa_hat:

#25 24/7_on_hh

24/7_on_hh
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

Esther do you not find it hurts when you jump out of bed suddenly to answer the phone or wait at the Airport security counter for your shoes to come through the x-ray machine or remove them in a friends house to save a softwood floor??.

Myself, I don't find it romantic, it's something that happened unawares to me while I was busy over the years enjoying wearing heels.

sure I still enjoy the public attention I get but close friends think I'm a little strange.

Amanda, yes sometimes its a little bid unstable when I jump suddenly out of bed. That is also for the bathroom. It takes a few steps to get stable your right at that. It don't hurts really.
Yes the x-ray machine was a new experience. That was ones, all the others times there was no commend. People where staring at me and Peter and that was nice and enjoying. Other problem in plains is my feet swell to much and that hurts indeed.
The softwood floor is a problem in general. For that occasion I have a pair of wedge boots with soft soles not the most charming but under pair of trousers it will do. But its not nice to must changes your shoes. It generates to much to talk about. Most of our friends now that I am "stucked". Not that I am 24 23/7.
Before age of 25 26 it was indeed happened unawares. After that it was a choice. We both find it romantic and trill.
Esther

#26 Ninanoora

Ninanoora
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

I voted no, because I dont feel i'm stuck with them. I enjoy wearing them alot, and mostly do that in my free time. I wear flats a lot aswell, sport shoes, slippers and everything you can name :cool1: I always take shoes off when entering peoples homes or my own home. I like to be careful not to damage floors with my shoes, I take good care of my shoes, replacing heel tips when necessary and taking them to repairs when need. And I have no problems wearing heels for long periods, I can dance all night with them. 24hours on 5inch stilettos, no problem. running with them no problem :wave: About the airport security thing, I have few times worn really pointy stiletto heeled boots with skinny heels (lorenzi boots), usually the security guards ask me to change shoes at counter, so bring replacement shoes for that. Heh when first-time doing that, I didnt came to think about that all, that you cant wear such shoes in airplanes, because security reasons. so i had to walk to plane without wearing anything but stockings. ;)

#27 Amanda Snake

Amanda Snake

Miss Amanda actually

• Members
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

Airports are becoming a real pain altogether I've noticed.

#28 amandahls

amandahls
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

Well, my feet are molded pretty well to 5-6" heels. The discomfort isn't there anymore like they use to years ago. I guess my feet has grown into them as I can walk on 6" for more than half the day comfortably. 5" heels, I can wear all day without a problem. At home, I have 6" mules that I wear constantly. Not a lot of walking around the house so it doesn't bother me.

#29 audreyk

audreyk
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:39 PM

I woke up this morning with really tight calves. I tried to stretch them while I took a shower, but the stretching didn't seem to really help. The pain didn't really stop until I dressed for work and put on 4" pumps. Then the pain completely went away and I didn't remember about this morning until now. I try to stretch my calves in yoga and aerobics classes, but I guess I haven't been to the gym in about a month. Work has been crazy busy! I guess I'm just amazed how quickly muscles can tighten. I've even noticed that my feet stay arched even when I go to sleep. I guess I should be careful, but it's hard to keep stretching everyday... and I really don't like flats....

#30 amandahls

amandahls
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

Hmmm, I've never experienced any pain in my calves. But yeah, your feet arches normally after consistenly wearing high heels. I love it. It's cute and just plain sexy. I love it how the toes arch just slightly too, but not too inwards. Then it gets pretty gross.

#31 Adeana

Adeana
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:08 AM

I will admit that I am 'stuck in heels' or should I call it 'stuck loving heels'. I have always had a thing for wearing them since high school and continue today almost daily. Yes, I also admit to having gotten used to wearing them so much for periods of time such as all day for work, that I do feel 'pressure' when walking flatfoot after wearing them for so long. It's not really pain but more of a pressure, and therefore feel better in them, and 'yes' I know that I should stretch my calves out like I have read and been told before, but as usual and with everyone else, 'I am always in a hurry' and don't do it. So....'stuck in heels'?....yeah, maybe a little...

#32 Amanda Snake

Amanda Snake

Miss Amanda actually

• Members
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

It will save a lot of pain if you remember to stretch now rather than later.

and 'yes' I know that I should stretch my calves out like I have read and been told before, but as usual and with everyone else, 'I am always in a hurry' and don't do it.

#33 24/7_on_hh

24/7_on_hh
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:50 AM

It will save a lot of pain if you remember to stretch now rather than later.

Amanda,

It's a choice to stretch I think. Of corse it will give pain later. But that’s the lifestyle choice I think? I do sport a lot but I do not stretch. I want to be stuck I think? Stupid? Yes probably but after some point you don't want to go back.

Love Esther

#34 Pernilla

Pernilla
  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

Well, I can wear all kind of shoes, flat's and high heels. The only way i feel stucked is the fact that i really love skyhigh heels.

#35 Amanda Snake

Amanda Snake

Miss Amanda actually

• Members
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:07 PM

Amanda,

It's a choice to stretch I think. Of corse it will give pain later. But that’s the lifestyle choice I think? I do sport a lot but I do not stretch. I want to be stuck I think? Stupid? Yes probably but after some point you don't want to go back.

Love Esther

It was never a conscious "lifestyle choice" for me. It's something that happened over several years. It sort of crept up on me.
Sometimes I would like to "go back" but it seems to require more pain and effort than I'm prepared to spend. At least at the moment.

A

#36 6inforever

6inforever
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOH, N.C

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:31 PM

I dont think I am stuck in high heels but I think of it as a preference, I like the way they feel,look,sound and well you know ATTENTION.:thumbsup:

#37 Franie

Franie
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

I agree totally. Love my heels!!

#38 Dancer Girl

Dancer Girl
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

Each year the word stuck in heels certainly is more correct. A couple years ago I spend more time at home lounging without shoes but now besides showers, long baths and swimming and the ODD night in bed I have heels 24/7

#39 divermemel

divermemel
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

I agree totally. Love my heels!!

Me 2:nervous:

#40 JandraElune

JandraElune
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:40 AM

One of the lucky few to be born with a natural foot arch for a 3" heel. Which I can go to and from any heel heigth at will and with no practice. Also been wearing heels since I was born..just what my mother got me. I can even do a full on run in heels...though not a sprint. Walking in heels is THE best way to work on balence next to Ballet.