"Super Arch" shoes

Nova

Jennifer N,

I had toyed with the idea of informing them, but, other remarks on here seem to suggest that they promptly say something like 'you don't know how to wear high heels, so you broke them'.

Yes, if they would appreciate and act upon comments from a guy who is both a heel wearer and an engineer with a good knowledge of mechanics and construction, then I would be happy to help improve their product. The feeling I get from my emails is that they are going to do what they do, and if you suggest anything different they aren't interested. For example, I emailed a picture of a pair of shoes (the high-cut courts in the middle of the pic) made in 'aniline' leather (a beautiful light chestnut brown) to ask if they had a similar colour.

Posted Image

If they suggested that they could do the job for some extra cash, then we could enter into a useful dialogue, but all I received was a curt 'no we don't do this colour'.

Xa

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from http://www.veryhighheels.com:

Posted Image

looks like a pair of superarch heels, they seem to be spreading.. unfortunately they don't sell them in their store..

WOW

off-the-shoulder blouse

miniskirt

very high stilleto heels

NOW THAT'S A SEXY COMBINATION

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting converstion re buying over the internet. I once ordered a pair of shoes from a supposdely reputable German Company called audiovision Shoes. They had a 6" heel (nice) anyway when I got my credit card statement thay had billed me several times plus added extras on. I emailed them back, no response the got hold of my card company Nat West. I had kept the initial order form which showed the original amount. this was posted of to Nat West who actually refunded me ALL my money. The shoes NEVER arrived and yet they are still going. But you are protected, just keep all your receipts etc and heh, so what about saying you order high heels, how do you not know the perosn who receives yoir letter is not a fan. Anyway, how can I post pics on here?

My average heel height is 61\2" on size 9 feet

We sold over 200 pairs of special arch pumps over the past year. No customer ever had this type of issue with the heels.

All of our heels are reinforced with steel rods. Our special arch shoe construction is rock solid. During normal wear, the heel will not break. If both plastic tips wore down and both heels broke within 2 weeks, the shoes must have been subjected to abnormal pressure and friction. Please look at the extent of wear of bluewin's shoe on our website:

Posted Image

The following was our original comment to the matter:

The heel cannot sustain all of your weight. Most or all of your weight has to be put on the ball of your foot. You have to be very careful when you walk with 6 inch heels.

If the heel wasn't landed on the ground vertically, it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the heels. If this happens repeatedly, the heel will eventually give away.

The shoes were in perfect condition when we mailed them to you. There were no creases in the leather anywhere.

We use high quality genuine leather to make all our shoes. Our prices are very reasonable. If the heel breaks, our customer has to pay for the repair or replacement.

We do not have metal heel tips that fit the construction of our heels. This is why we use plastic heel tips. Plastic heel tips DO NOT wear down like butter. They are durable plastic. You may go to your local shoe shop to check whether they have properly fitting metal heel tips. Please note that changing the heel tips is completely at your own risk.

Want to know just how much pressure a stilleto heel can generate? The formula is ..... Pressure = Weight / Area So a 100 pound woman standing on a heel tip of 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch would generate up to 1,600 pounds per square inch where the heel contacts the floor. A 175 pound male standing on a heel tip of 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch would generate up to 2,800 pounds per square inch where the heel contacts the floor. You can use any unit of weight or area in this formula. If you are into metric and prefer a weight in stone and an area in square centimeters, then your pressure will be in stone per square centimeters. The above calculations assumed worse case scenarios where only one heel is contact with the floor at a time (such as when walking). If you are standing with both heels on the ground, the weight is split equally between the two heels.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Feedback comments on 6inchforever.

Overall, taking into account the price, their rating is 6/10.

I ordered a pair of knee-high boots with 14cm heel and 1cm platform. They also do lace up with a side zip which offers the advantage of a snug fit with the speed of a zip.

The leather was rather thick and coarse for a pair of fashion boots. For USD199 I half expected no linings, but no, the boots were fully lined in leather.

They haven't got the heel attachment sorted out fully, not so much the strength of the fixing of heel to the shank of the boot, but the fundamental strength of the shank itself. If you flex the heel, you can see the shank bending, unlike my Fuss 5" courts which are absolutely rock solid and only flex underneath the ball of the foot.

Despite the order for a 14cm heel and 1cm plat (they only seem to do heels in 12, 14, 16 cm ..... no odd numbers), the heel was 15cm with a 1cm plat. I suppose that when they saw 14cm heel they promptly selected the last with a 14cm lift. It's not that I'm bothered about the extra lift, but, with the indifferent heel attachment, it doesn't look like I will be wearing these outside, as I intended.

The fit of both foot and leg profile was good, except that they failed to appreciate that I specified the boot top size smaller than the size of my calf to get a good fit just below the knee.

Finally, something pretty irksome, the laces were very stretchy, so I couldn't get the boots laced up properly until I found some decent cord to make some laces. The spacing of the lace holes was a bit on the large side which makes the whole appearance a little amateurish, as opposed to neatly laced.

To conclude, if they paid a little more attention to detail they would be onto a winner, but, as it is, I can't see me ordering anything else until these bugs are sorted out.

Xa

The leather is thick because it is premium quality leather. The boots are also fully lined with premium quality leather.

We used stretch lacing because long inflexible laces will break. This type of stretch lacing is the best we have. We are sorry that this caused you inconvenience. Regarding the spacing of the lace holes, please look at the picture of xaphod's boots on our website:

Posted Image

We think the lace hole spacing is proper.

In regards to the orange color xaphod was looking for previously, we have to say we have no match for it. Orange is very hard to find. Even if it is found, the leather quality might only be suitable to make certain types of footwear.

We welcome everyone to input their comments to us. If we cannot make adjustments according to your comments, it's not because we don't want to, it's because we have a manufacturing bottleneck. Every factory has its own manufacturing bottleneck that can only be improved upon after long periods of research and development.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a lot pictures manipulated in different programs where higher heels are added to some some ordinary pictures. Some are good, most of them are bad, but some guys get a kick of it. This makes it harder to believe in some pictures, doesn't it? :-?

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

concerning weight conversions, if you take a woman in stiletto high heels and than take a semi tractor trailer weighing 80 thousand pounds, the amount of pressure between the tires and the stiletto heel exerts, the stiletto heel exerts may times more pressure per square inch than the pressure per square inch of the tire on the pavement of the 80 thousand pound truck....unbelieveable..but true!!!

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.