' Tranny Town '

As some of you may know, Im running for a local Town Seat. Tonight was the first of 2 ' debates ' or ' meet and greets ' as they are called.

Theres 3 people running for the Seat. Myself on a self-claimed ( non affiliated ) ' Libertarian ' line, A democrat and a ' Religious Republican ' as I call him.

For starts, I was wearing a long white collar shirt, pair of jeans and a pair of NineWest ' pinktop ' booties ( wedges ). The democrat is a high-end lawyer and was in whats known as a ' power suit ' ( he came from HIS law office where he basically lives directly to the meeting ). The ' Religious Republican ' is actually a Weslyan layman of somekind ( I dont really know him, he just joined the fray this past week ).

In taking questions, our differences were QUITE different. The topic of what I was wearing on my feet was added in along the way.

This isnt the whole thing, but part of it.

#1.) Theres a lot of roadwork and potholes on rt240 and its hurting cars, when is something going to be done about it?

RRGuy - ' whats normally done? Im sure there is a process that can be used to address that '

Lawyer - ' I dunno whom is contracted to do such but I think we should contact the town super intendant immediatly so his people can get right on it '

Me - ' Contact the Super? Your on the board already, you have his cell number in your phone.. no better time then now.. '

Lawyer - ' Nice try, but ewndless you have an immediate fix I suggest.. '

( I cut him off )

Me - I have a 950a loader, millions of tons of gravel, if you want to delay this meeting till tomorrow, myself and my brother can get out there and fill those holes right now, probably faster then it will be for you to figure out the "process" or whatever regulations you need to go through in order to get something done.

Lawyer - Maybe if you spent less time shopping for womens shoes.. damn trannies..

Me - Maybe if you were doing the job you were elected to do instead of making millions as a lawyer and not paying a dime to keep those roads fixed, the issue might have been addressed already.

We were advised to put off answers for that one and see individuals on a one-on-one basis for answer.

The next thing that was really ratteling was about the NYSafe Act.

RRGuy - well it is said that murdering is a sin and killing our brothers wrong. Violence isnt the answer. Outside of hunting, those kinds of things shouldnt be promoted..

Lawyer - Nobody should have guns.

Me - You sound like a redcoat or a turncoat, you can decide which best reflects your position..

( lawyer cut me off )

Lawyer - Lemme guess, your all for people owning those assault weapons and large capacity magazines and having all kinds of explosives.. Typical anarchist you are.

Me - Yep. You are 100% correct. So long as individuals dont harm anyone but themselves, I dont care what they own. Its none of my business. What you purchase is YOURS. What I purchase is mine. 2 years ago, you were busted for a DWI, yes, I looked at your ' record ' outside of voting. You damages 3 parked cars in the process. Did you own up to paying for fixing those cars because you were irresponsibly drink or did your insurance pay for it?

Lawyer - THATS PERSONAL!

Me - and you werent? Get a clue! You dont even live out here, just own a bunch of property and dont pay any taxes for it because you hold a seat with the town and have that exemption. I bet after you loose that seat, you'll sell it all off to a developer and buy a few more townhouses in the city.

Lawyer - I dont own any ' townhouses '.

Me - Sorry, they might be called condo's. My improper wording. Quite nice and expensive with a view of Niagara Falls.. I bet you pull thousands a month in rent for those.

Lawyer - that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand!

Me - Correct! But it has insight to how narrow your scope of reality is. You know nothing about those potholes people hit daily yet your one of the people whom is to be called for such a thing. You say the people out here shouldnt be allowed the tools need to get rid of varmit that trash their fields and maybe let them put meat on the table for dinner.. all while not living here, getting a tax break and wearing a very expensive suit and laughing at my low-brand womens shoes. You dont see how laughable that is.

Once again we were told to ' knock it off '.

The last thing that was asked was about signs for the highway. The local business association wants to put up signs on the off ramps saying where hotels and the shopping district are. They have them for lodging and for the ski-resorts in the area.

RRGuy - Why not? It doesnt harm anybody?

Lawyer - It would be a cost we would have to look into and something we would have to see if our resources could handle.

Me - Jeff ( name deleted ) has his fabrications shop on Baker road. Ask him to make the signs, he already makes the signs for the county. Whatever they cost, he could just write off on his tax liability for the materials and maybe ask for a time donation on his part as his place is in the business district, its advertising for him and his work. We have the people HERE whom can get the job done and do it right the first time. Take an afternoon, sit down with Jeff and those involved at the diner and go over what needs to be made and where it has to be put up. Summer is coming and the town youth program that hires the kids could be contacted for installation. Weve all put up fence posts on our farms or ones we worked on growing up.. its not brain science here..

Lawyer - Theres regulations that need to be followed! Theres a process for..

( I cut him off ) 

Me - Yeah, a process and 9 million pages of paperwork for everything. THAT is the problem. THAT is why nothing good is ever achieved. Thats why things are so damn expensive and inefficient.

One of the people in attendance asked if we would disclose out ' financials ' so I emptied my pocket on the table in front of me.. 35$ and some change. I told them I have my W2's for the last few years at my home and if they want, I would photocopy them and post them on the light poles running down mainstreet. :)  People laughed but I advised them I was serious. 

Make no mistakes, the Guy with the wedge booties broke one off in the ass of that Lawyer this past night ;) .

Tomorrow morning Im taking a dump truck of gravel and the Gehl out and patching some holes. I dont think anyone will mind.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Wow, the democrat lawyer guy just loves government control of everything doesn't he. Seems to be doing his best to be an obstructionist.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I went out and filled some pot-holes this morning. ;) Some were pretty brutal.

There are some real asshats out there. A couple passer-bys stopped while I was filling those holes and said it was ' about time ' as they were bad this past fall and SHOULD have been taken care of before winter.

Wow, the democrat lawyer guy just loves government control of everything doesn't he. Seems to be doing his best to be an obstructionist.

..and the other guy is.. Hes a really nice guy, very like-able.. but hes just somewhat clueless/lost.

Hard to have power over people if they think they can handle issues without their help.

VERY true. Most of the people out here are very independent. They grow and barter for their food/meats. Just about all of them hunt/fish. Its very ' old school '. The internet isnt a ' necessity ' and in some instances isnt used at all. Cell phones.. most dont have them.

The town board has 3 members that ' need to go ' in my opinion. The board should be used for zoning, fixing the roads and town planning. The folks dont want to be ' bothered ' by anyone.

Please keep us informed as to the progress of your race. I, for one , am constantly amazed at the lack of commen sense applied by town officials when it comes to fixing community problems.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Please keep us informed as to the progress of your race. I, for one , am constantly amazed at the lack of commen sense applied by town officials when it comes to fixing community problems.

The ' Town Officials ' and ' Government ' are what the problem is at its core. Theres a very simple fix for most things yet there is a ' rule ' or ' regulation ' that has to be enforced, sometimes 50 of them depending what the task is.

I went and filled those holes in. It didnt take long for the county folks to come along and complain saying it was ' their job ' and some of their guys lost ' overtime ' because of it.

I asked them why it took them since last fall to do their job?

" Nobody told us about the holes! We never received a work order! "

One of them lives ON THAT ROAD! They never knew about this? They have to wait in order to get something done?

Its stupid. Its dumb. Its Bloated. Its doomed to failure from the get go.

Municipal workers are really afraid that if they are too efficient they'll work themselves out of a job. I am very curious about if there will be any backlash from city officials about your interfering. There is bound to be some laws or ordinances , complete with penalties, that you've broken by filling in those potholes. Good campaign points. How much money you saved the community by fixing them yourselfe.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I thought it was funny that he could get personal about your shoes but something that really mattered like drunk driving was off limits.

Municipal workers are really afraid that if they are too efficient they'll work themselves out of a job. I am very curious about if there will be any backlash from city officials about your interfering. There is bound to be some laws or ordinances , complete with penalties, that you've broken by filling in those potholes. Good campaign points. How much money you saved the community by fixing them yourselfe.

I was contacted yesterday morning. Someone bitched already about filling in the holes. Typical union idiots and teh guy they support not liking someone whom actually FIXED a problem.

Im thinking about sending them an itemized bill. 

I thought it was funny that he could get personal about your shoes but something that really mattered like drunk driving was off limits.

I try explaining to people whom complain about the whole ' left ' and ' right ' senario and how they will believe in one side and over-look the other when they are the same f-ing idiots whom all do the same damn crap yet people will give one a pass and say bad things about the other..

They are all worthless.

I dont WANT to run for office, I surely have better things to do with my time, but someone needs to do something and I was sorta compelled to do it. Im new ' out here ' and feel I need to earn my keep.

Hey ILK - - I can understand the "New kid on the block" concept, and I laud your interest in giving to the community, but one thing I have learned over the years is to be careful of what I call "The good ol boy" network. They will bite on your heels (pun included) like wolves until your too crippled to walk if your not careful.

It always seemed like city politics was a bit more random than out in the sticks. Once you start messing with their ordered, structured lives, it always felt like they considered me an outsider. Being you have family in the area, that may help, but as for myself, after 14 years out here, I'm still considered "Not Local"

And as for your pot hole filling episode - - If I pulled that stunt, I'd catch holy hell. As an example, If I had a truck with a snow plow, I wouldn't drop it on the road no matter how bad it was.

• 2 weeks later...

And as for your pot hole filling episode - - If I pulled that stunt, I'd catch holy hell. As an example, If I had a truck with a snow plow, I wouldn't drop it on the road no matter how bad it was.

Update :

I had to make amends and restitution for the display of faith. The Good lawyer is also on retainer for the local County Operators Union. 2600$ later.. it appears like a ' bad example ' of getting the job done.

To speak of a system where everyone says they are ' helping others '.. yet in actuality, its hindering all progress for such a simple solution for a very small problem..

I left the City because of the REAL problems : too many idiots owning governmental influence and making mandates only to find out it happens in ' small town ' settings too.

I told the Union Bosses to stock their warchests as if I win that counsel seat, I guarantee things will change and they arent going to like it in the least bit. They stated the 2600$ was re-couping the monies their members lost in wages..

How does one collect ' wages ' when they didnt do the work? They didnt do a *&^&%^* thing in regards to patching those holes.. yet they want to be paid for a job they didnt do? " Thats how it is " was what I was told.

No work - no pay IMO. Thats how its going to be.

• 2 months later...

Update : The Lawyer *might* be dropping out of the race. Apparently he has some kind of ' Tax ' troubles. I dont know all the details of it, Im not going to make some unfounded claim.. The ' tax problem ' is the rumor mill spin I've heard but I do NOT want him to drop out. I want him to be beaten in a straight up election.

Hes in 3rd according to the polls. Im in second and the " Reverend " is sitting in first place by a wide margin.

The Reverend may seem clueless but hes a good guy and cares about people. I wouldnt mind finishing second to a guy like him. I kind of admire him as hes done a LOT of work with and for the town over the last 4 decades.

• 2 weeks later...

Town elections are in November. Right now, nobody is doing anything as its the start of ' crop time ' or Harvest. Going to be slow for everything outside of field work till mid September.

The Lawyer is basically out of it. He cant find any support from anywhere outside of the local unions which is about ( maybe ) 200 votes. In a town of about 10,500 people, his ship is basically sunk.

Town elections are in November. Right now, nobody is doing anything as its the start of ' crop time ' or Harvest. Going to be slow for everything outside of field work till mid September.

The Lawyer is basically out of it. He cant find any support from anywhere outside of the local unions which is about ( maybe ) 200 votes. In a town of about 10,500 people, his ship is basically sunk.

Damned - - that's a good size town. My local village I work in is about 2800 total population. Township I live in had 300 voters last election cycle.

Guess your a 'shoe in' for the position.

Guess your a 'shoe in' for the position.

Not really. The other guy ( Rev ) is out front right now and to be 100% honest, the MAIN reason why I ever became involved was because I didnt care for that ' piece of shit ' lawyer/squatter.

So long as the Lawyer doesnt get the seat , Im more then happy. In all seriousness, in some ways, I hope the Good Rev wins the election. He would do a great job and is one of the best people I have met in recent times. Hes done a lot for the community and continues to do so. Hes genuine.

Most will say its wrong but *I* feel hes the perfect guy for the job and would do better then myself at it. I dunno if its just being humble or honest in my stating such.

If the Rev does win, why not think about running against one of the other members the next time a seat is up for election and serve alongside of him and work together

to improve your community?

Edited by Bubba136

Sounds like you strategically accomplished your intended goal.

Indeed I have. I saw the Lawyer as a Bully of somekind at first. Now, I realize hes an empty suit. Not unlike what we have all across our Governments in New York and the trash we send to Washington D.C. to ' represent ' us.

If it were only so easy to get the votes to get rid of all the trash thats been elected over 20 years ago so some fresh faces could get things rolling again..

If the Rev does win, why not think about running against one of the other members the next time a seat is up for election and serve alongside of him and work together

to improve your community?

THAT might happen. The town Board and Mayor are loosing ' hold ' so to say. Both the Rev and I are ' Independents '. Im a registered Libertarian and the Rev is registered with the states ' Independence Party ' ( whom are mostly pissed off working Democrats whom watched their party go from representing working families to representing ' social services people ' or those on the Government Doles. Hes not all I thought he was in his past ).

The Mayor is a ( supposed ) Republican. The present Town Board has 2 Democrats and 3 Republicans. I can guarantee 1 of each party on that Board are getting tossed out as the Lawyer is one of the Democrats and one of the Republicans has some very troubling ' issues ' and is way behind in both the polls and popular opinion. Said ' Republican ' has a local Libertarian with a ' not so nice ' campaign going after him. All the dirty laundry has come out.. ALL of it.

The make-up of the Board will ( more then likely ) be 1 Democrat, 2 Republicans and 2 Indy's in the beginning of next year. This leaves the Mayor fighting the town board as both of those Indy's wont caucus with either of the other 2 parties.

Its my belief that this will be a great thing for the town.