More People Are Noticing

Seems like I have been getting more looks at my footwear lately. I was in a Chinese restaurant the other day and one of the girls was staring at my shoes. Not her first time looking at my feet. Then another noticed and started to ask something but the guys I was having lunch with walked up so I turned around. I am not sure if he noticed that they noticed what I has on. If the guys had not been there I was going to see what they had to say maybe let them see them. I go there a good bit so it will come up again. I was at another restaurant with my wife and the people at the table next to us noticed. I am not sure how they saw even though they were not hard to see. I told my wife they were looking. She was not happy. I don't mind if people ask as long as I am not with other people. Hummm. Chinese today? I have on my very hi Vince camuto boots. Gotta go up on Tue roof today to work on the AC so I needed something fairly easy to get off.

I am rarely asked about my heels.  I assume most folks don't even notice and the ones who do don't say much.  The few that have commented ask things like, why am I wearing girls shoes, are those heels, you're wearing heels, and those are nice shoes.  

I smile, and say yes they are girls shoes, that I have been wearing heels for quite some time, and I like the way they look and feel.  Usually a friendly conversation starts and hopefully the persons curiosity is satisfied.  Some are complimentary and some offer no opinion.  

The latest comment was at the bank when I was wearing the heels in my avatar.  The teller smiled and said, "you are wearing heels."  I smiled and said yes, then she told me how she recently participated in a Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event, and thought it nice that guys would wear heels.  

It is good that you wear heels out with your wife - I do too - why was she unhappy when your heels were noticed?

It is fun wearing heels out, but if you do, you will eventually be asked about your shoes.  Sometimes out of curiosity and other times just to give a compliment.  Have fun, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

She is still not comfortable with others knowing. I only told her to see her reaction and to let her see it is really no big of someone notices. I wear heels pretty much everyday at least 10 hours except some on the weekends so I know the comments are coming.

The comments and looks are inevitable, let 'em come.  But generally you won't notice and with time you won't even care…  Just have fun and enjoy your time in heels….    take care, sf

And…..  be thankful that you can heel with your wife.  You and I are lucky in that regard.  Lot of folks here are not as fortunate….

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I have not had a comment in a very long time, save one just three weeks ago.  I figure that people either don't notice, don't care, or are just too polite to say anything.

The week before I left for Vietnam, I wore my Calvin Klein boots to church choir rehearsal. They have almost absurdly tall heels, well over 5 inches. The guy I've sat next to for years in the tenor section, who has never said anything before, matter-of-factly suggested that I choose different footwear to travel in the airport. I just simply told him not to worry, I'm not allowed to wear heels to Vietnam anyhow, because my wife feels it would be too shocking. That was the end of it. However, the truth is, I would love to wear those boots to the airport. I enjoy walking in them, and they're easy enough to get on and off. It will have to wait for another trip.

Wearing heels through the airport is no big deal. I've done it dozens of times, on both domestic and international flights. The security folks are looking for weapons and bombs, not high heels.

Same with tights and pantyhose. When I take off the heels, guess what shows? And I go through security just like everyone else, usually without any hassle at all.

Steve

I played guitar at my old church for several years. We had a 2000 seat building and the biggest stage in town Along with the best musicians. Not me though. I did not think it was right for me to wear woman's shoes on stage so I did not. We where also expected to he held to a higher standard by the church since we were on stage. This also was a part of why I stopped, Along with being burned out from so much playing. Even though this was a church that had a program for addicts of all types and any other problems and they were accepting of everyone I don't think they would have let my play had they known my secret.

I was eating breakfast Sunday morning in Scottsdale.  A lady alone at another table kept staring at my 22" brown cowboy boots with the 4" heels.  My wife had on her 5" platform stilettos and we were riding my motorcycle that morning.  The lady finally got up and came over, gushing over my boots.  She had to know where I got them.  I told her they were from Miguel Jones on ebay and that they were actually a bit too large (he has a reputation for doing just that) but I put Ugg insoles in so they fit. 

HEELS2U,  If you keep wearing heels to more places the chances increase that you'll be noticed. You want that but don't want any descernible change in any negative gestures towards you....or your shoes. Tonight I stopped by a Lane Bryant to try on jeans and walked in with my black Cosmic wedges (exactly as pictured in AZShoenut's avatar) and tried on a size 14 and 16 Genius Fit bootcut jeans. I had a bag with my kneehigh "Simona" boots (6" chunky heels) and my "Cecilia" (6" wedge heels) sandals when I tried them both on to really see how they looked and settled on the size 14. Dercided to wear my SImona boots out of the store since I had already changed. I was thanked and appreciated all the way around. So many heels and so many places to wear them one needs a lifetime to do it all. Keep your head high and heels even higher!!  HappyinHeels

ilikekicks,  Thanks for the nice words! I find that bringing along one item (like shoes or boots) helps greatly with seeing how something else like jeans or skirts or dresses will look. It also helps your credibility with just about sales staff you encounter. It tells them "this ain't no shopping rookie!"  HappyinHeels

A lady took a long. Look at the toe of my shoes yesterday. She did not say anything to her friend so I don't know what she thought.