Back After A Break

Hi. 

You may remember me.  I'm the guy who walked 10 miles in a pair of 6 inch stilletos for charity back in 2010. 

Since then I have done one more charity walk and another in planning which I will tell you about in a minute.

Back last year I managed to talk my mate into getting a pair of high heels and joining me on a little walk collecting money for Children in Need 2013.

Well all went well except that one of the tips broke off on my mates heel meaning he could not keep his balance.  It did not help that we were walking on a cobbled street.

I was wearing the same pink heels that I wore for the 10 mile walk except that I had painted them bright yellow.  My mate had a rather nice pair of 5 inch open toe shoe/boots come sandals that he had off ebay for £3+ p&p.

As I said in the end his heeled suffered damage meaning he had to wobble back to the car to put his trainers on.  Below is a photo of us on the walk in our fancy dress armed with a collection bucket.  We collected £220 in four hours and walked around 3 or 4 miles in total.

Anyway back to 2014.  Late last year there was a young woman living locally who spent a whole month walking around barefoot.  She even completed a 5km run barefooted.

Anyway this gave me an idea.  Why don't I walk around for a whole month wearing high heels.

There was no way that I would attempt it in the 6 inch heels as they are a rather poor fit and very hard work.  I wanted something a little better fitting with a heel of around 3 or 4 inches high.  This meant that I would need to find someone who can sponsor me by donating some suitable shoes.  I want them to be red as they need to be visible to the public. 

I will be wearing them for a whole calendar month which will be October 2014.  There will be no exceptions except for when im driving.  I will be wearing them for the whole month as if they are my normal everyday mens shoes. 

I got planning and slimmed my choice of style down to 5 pairs.  Originally I wanted a 3 inch heel with no platform or a 4 inch heel with a platform. 

Anyway after a few emails had been sent I had a reply from a company who was willing to help me.  The only problem was the shoe they could offer was the right style but was a 4 inch heel with no platform.  As long as they are wide fitting I decided to accept the offer.  Hopefully all goes to plan.  Below is a picture of the styles I had in mind.  I think the 4 inch Mary Jane with a block heel would of been the easiest to walk in but due to limitations I have had to settle for number 4 but with a 4 inch heel.  I did not want open toe or sandals unless it was a last resort as I can not tell what the weather will be like

My only concern is from blisters.  It's going to be hard to decide if to wear a thin pair of socks, womens knee highs or go barefoot.  All have advantages and disadvantages.

I also need to wear them in before the month.  I can do this around the house a couple times a week.

oh I must mention the name of the company who are willing to kindly provide the shoes.  The website address is

www.crossdressingcloset.com

To be honest I am actually starting to enjoy wearing high heels.  Don't ask me why.  Maybe its because they are different. There are a few styles I like including the style my mate had for children in need.  Shoe boots seem very stylish and have the advantage of a sandal with the support of a boot.  Ideal heel height for everyday use without a struggle would be 3 to 4 inch with a block heel and 5 inch with a platform and block heel

Just had an email from crossdresser closet to tell me that they are going to order a pair of the Mary Jane block heels especially for my charity fundraiser.  it is the best news I could of hoped for as the other heels would of been very hard work.

at least these will be a lot easier to walk in and the heel will hopefully last a month of non stop use.  when I had the 7.5'' heels for my 5 mile walk they showed no sign of wear.

the mary janes also have better ankle support

post-3576-0-32520900-1389550069_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-50625400-1389550762_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-88095200-1389552283_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-80077200-1389552293_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-79111400-1389561963_thumb.jp

Krazykev64 I wish you all the very best in getting your ambitions fully sorted, only wish I had the guts to do the same, if it was me I would go for the 3rd choice a smart pair of mary janes worn with white kneehighs that would show them off. I might even order a pair of said mary janes for myself I quite like them, yes I would wear them. Hope things turn out ok.

life is not a rehearsal

Im still waiting for the shoes to arrive.  I will need to wear them around the house to bed them in a bit and I need to find what will be most suitable to wear.  my normal socks, womens knee highs or barefoot.

something tells me normal socks will be a little too thick.  in an ideal world I prefer barefoot as I very rarely wear socks in the warmer months from around mid april until mid October or longer if its still mild.  it does not matter what im wearing I wont wear socks.  if I think they are rubbing while barefoot I will try some knee highs.

I just hope the company have no problems getting red ones for me although I did tell them to order white as a second choice with black being the last resort.

don't be embarresed by wearing heels in public.  start by setting up a fundraising event wearing high heels say for example walking a set distance for a charity blatently showing you heels off to the public.  that's what I done wearing the heels in my avatar to raise money for help for heroes.  I walked 5 miles in them.

you will see a photo at the top of me wearing my yellow heels.  the photo is of me and my friend collecting for children in need.  I actually had a lot of comments from women saying that I had very sexy legs.  im doing it again at the end of this year as well because it was such good fun

if I was single I would not think twice about wearing heels in public although they would not be very bold.  they would be like the black shoe boot in the picture above.  I also like the style DWW has in his avatar.

shoe boots have the advantage that the style is ok in the winter and that there is also open styles more suitable for summer use

Thanks Krazykev64 my shoes in my avatar are my favourite style I would wear them all the time if I could, if I order a pair of mary janes in red I would like to join you in a day out if possible in October that would be ok with me. The last time I wore my shoes in my avatar was on a trip to Gatwick airport to pick up my girlfriends sister no real problems one lady I saw nearly fell to her knees after seeing what shoes I was wearing.

life is not a rehearsal

Hi.  My shoes arrived today and I'm glad to say that I'm very pleased with them.  They feel very comfy and a LOT easier to walk in than my 7.5'' monsters I'm wearing in my avatar.

I have set up a fundraising page on just giving at  www.justgiving.com/heels4nspcc

All money will go to the NSPCC.  I will also be collecting during my daily duties in person as well.

What I find strange about the shoes that have just arrived is that they are a little large compared to the 6 inch stiletto's I have.

Both are UK size 10 but the new ones are one US size larger at 13 but one euro size smaller at 43 instead of 44.

as far as I know the only difference otherwise is that they are a wide fitting.

Although the shoe feels comfortable walking in the house for a minute or two it is impossible to say how they will feel after a whole day of general use and even more so how will I cope with wearing them for a month non stop as everyday shoes.

The best bit is yet to come.  my wife thought I was crazy attempting to walk 5 miles in the 7.5'' heels.  she knows I have another walk planned but not the full details.  all I have told her is that she will be fully involved.  I cant wait to see the look on her face when I tell her what I have planned.

All I need to do now is get a couple of t shirts and sweatshirts printed up.  The public will then know why I'm wearing them.

Most of all I must thank crossdressing closet for kindly providing the shoes for me.  there website is

www.crossdressingcloset.com

the shoes I got may be black but I can offset the colour and make them stand out by wearing some red socks or stockings.

I will also be using a pair of Itsoles which I test walked for the inventor on my 10 mile walk.

if anyone wants to join me for the day I would not advise it because I have no set route or routine and it will be very hard to tell anyone where to meet me.  as I said I will be wearing them as my normal everyday shoes just as if they were a pair of trainers.

just posting a few photos up of my new shoes.  as you will notice they are a little on the large size but they seem to be ok to walk in.  I would sooner they are a little large than too tight. there were 2 other styles that took my fancy which are also below.  I particuly like the black and white ones as they offer good ankle support and my feet can breathe

post-3576-0-19058200-1390675998_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-97189400-1390676012_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-96795200-1390676041_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-18845600-1390676103_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-48801300-1390676113_thumb.jp

The problem I forsee is a month of wearing those platforms without any bend in the ball of your foot. Its one thing to go for a day or 2, but a whole month?

I'll have to follow your ' quest ' here and toss a donation your way via that website once you have started ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 1 month later...

Well I have had the black Mary Janes for around 2 months now.  To get used to them I have worn them in the house.  To take up the slack I have made some insoles from a sheet of 8mm expanded foam.  This stuff makes them very comfortable.  The only problem with the shoe is that my feet sweat a lot. I am going to change what I wear with them on a daily basis.  First day I will wear a pair of socks.  The second day I will wear some pop socks and the third day I will go barefooted.  I will then repeat this process up until the 30th October.  On the last day which is Halloween (31st) I have decided that I will spend the day doing a street collection dressed up as a witch wearing a pair of fishnets.

Overall I don't see any foreseeable problem.  I just hope the heels don't wear out too fast 

Thanks for this, kev, and thanks for doing a bit - in this case, a month - of good for a pretty good cause. It's given me the inspiration to try & start something for myself in that month as well. October is also known as Breast Cancer Awareness month, and since last year, I've always wanted to challenge myself to wear nothing but pink heels for the entire month. It wouldn't be limited to one pair like you're going for, but it would be a feat nonetheless. Now that you've presented something that is 1) do-able and 2) somewhat easy to come together with...I might need to send a few emails & see what I can do to get something initiated on my end! :)

Good luck to you, good sir~

Formally "HHDude"

• 5 months later...

Its been a fair while since I updated this post so I think its about time I bring you up to date with progress.

It is now only 2 weeks to the day that I will be walking around in high heels for a whole month.

The heels are a pair of 4 inch Mary Jane's with chunky heels.

Donations have already been made totalling around £60.  This is great as I have not even started yet.

So back to the shoes.   I have only waked in the house with them but they are easy to walk in compared to my previous heels which in comparison were poor fitting. 

I have set up a facebook group which is here at  www.facebook.com/heels4nspcc

My fundraising page is at www.justgiving.com/heels4nspcc

On the 28th October I will be doing a street collection in Swansea city centre wearing the heels as well as being dressed up as a witch. 

Publicity has been very good and I have been in the local paper as well as being mentioned on various web sites including ITV.

My facebook group page will be updated daily with my progress so this is the best place to view my progress if you are a member.

im really looking forward to getting the heels on and shocking a few members of the public into getting their money out of their pockets and putting in the collection tin.  I will also be taking donations in person as well as on line.  Nobody will miss me as I will be wearing a green NSPCC T-Shirt with ''A month in heels'' added to it.

If anyone wishes to meet up with me the only option would be when im doing the street collection dressed up as a witch as my movements will be restricted to a small area.  I will be easy to spot as I will be dressed as a witch with green stockings and face. 

To change the comfort factor I have used a random organizer to pick if I wear thin ankle highs, sports socks or bare feet on a daily basis.  Neither of them will be worn more than 3 days in a row

In the meantime here I am in my heels and witches outfit minus the green face

post-3576-0-28974000-1410985705_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Well its day five of my challenge.  Things are going very well and the shoes are so far proving to be very comfortable even with no insoles of any type.  I find I prefer to wear them with the anklestrap on the lose side allowing them to move on my feet while walking. 

since I started there is one thing I have noticed.  I do not walk with a stoop while wearing them.  In my normal mens shoes I used to walk like neanderthal man.  My posture is now much more upright.  Even my back is feeling the benefit.

Donations have been made in person and on my just giving site.

My only regrets are that the shoes are not red and if it had been warm outside I could of got away with wearing a pair of shorts meaning the high heels would be easy to notice.

Not once have I heard anyone making strange comments behnd my back.  Overall the public have been fantastic giving me much needed support. 

So far I have been wearing the heels in a few high profile places such as in a busy city centre and a supermarket.  On Monday I will be taking a trip to the dentist wearing my heels.  I have also been wearing them around much smaller shops as well as at home while doing the housework.  I am also looking forward to the 28th of October which is when I dress up as a witch to do a street collection in the City Centre.  My heels will be on full display and easily noticable with my green stockings (see my new avatar)

I have also come to the conclusion that i may be in the market for a pair of heels for daily use purely for the benefit of my back.  im not sure what to get but i dont want anything girly and i dont want a thick platform.  i have seen some nice boots both closed and open toe with a heel around 3 inches with a thin platform.  i dont want to spend too much but they need to be a wide fit UK10

Anyway here are some pictures of me in my heels during my challengepost-3576-0-38205500-1412504131_thumb.jppost-3576-0-81130900-1412504143_thumb.jp

Glad things are going well for you on the challenge & the Mary Jane's are shaping up well. Your photos look fantastic & I, (along with most of the people following this thread, I suspect), would love to see you in a red pair with shorts

While not wishing to duplicate previous posts, I can wholeheartedly agree with you that wearing heels can benefit the back. There's a thread in 'The infirmary' entitled 'Dodgy backs & high heels' that you may be interested in, if you haven't clocked it yet. I can recommend wearing boots to cure back pains.

Good luck with the rest of your challenge...

Glad things are going well for you on the challenge & the Mary Jane's are shaping up well. Your photos look fantastic & I, (along with most of the people following this thread, I suspect), would love to see you in a red pair with shorts

While not wishing to duplicate previous posts, I can wholeheartedly agree with you that wearing heels can benefit the back. There's a thread in 'The infirmary' entitled 'Dodgy backs & high heels' that you may be interested in, if you haven't clocked it yet. I can recommend wearing boots to cure back pains.

Good luck with the rest of your challenge...

I think you read my mind.  im seriously considering a pair of heeled boots with a block heel around 2.75 to 3 inches.  they need to have a thin flexible sole and be a size 10eee (or wider).  i may even consider a pair of open toe boots so i can wear them all year round or maybe a pair with cut out sides.  My back has never had it so good.  during the last week i have been wearing the mary janes for up to 14 hours a day with not the slightest problem.  they really are nice to wear and dead easy to walk in.

im now 15 days into my challenge and enjoying every single step in my heels.  the fundraising is going well and it looks as if i have secured the sale of the story to ''CHAT'' magazine.

i had a scare a couple of days ago as the elastic that holds the buckle snapped.  luckily for me i took it to my local timpsons branch and they repaired it free of charged because its for charity. 

i had one small blister but i have managed to dry it up.  it was caused by not using talcum powder when going bare footed with the heels..

i now make sure that i put talcum powder in the heels when going bare foot as well as putting a plaster on my little toes.

the heels are lovely to walk in and i am now used to them.  i feel that i could wear them for a lot longer than a month.  walking in my trainers actually feels strange.  overall im wearing the heels for at least 8 hours per day and up to 14 hours.

dont forget that you can follow my daily progress at

www.facebook.com/heels4nspcc

• 2 weeks later...

How are you bearing up, krazykev? Not long to go now...

Was wondering if you managed to get an extra hour in the Mary Jane's when the clocks went back!

It's also good to hear that Timpsons entered into the spirit of things & helped you out when you needed it & just the one small blister is pretty damned good for all the hours you must have put in wearing them.

Well done & keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Well october is now over.  In total to date I have raised nearly £600.  This includes £200 from Chat magazine who have brought the story of my high heel fundraising.  The story will be in the December 24th issue 2014 so make sure that you keep an eye open for it so you can grab a copy.

I really enjoyed doing the challenge especially the street collection on 28th October where I walked round Swansea dressed as a witch wearing the heels all day long.  I had one small blister on my left little toe although it was so small its now healed up. 

I am now after a pair of masculine looking heels for everyday use because I have found that heels contribute to relieving the pain I get in my back.  I have had no pain now for well over a month.

Also on the street collection day I had a meeting at the local NSPCC centre where there was a local photgrapher.  You can see the photo of me in my heels and witches outfit at

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Penlan-grandfather-goes-extra-mile-heels-NSPCC/story-23885164-detail/story.html

post-3576-0-01639600-1415222735_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-06031500-1415222752_thumb.jp

These are the boots I am thinking of getting for everyday use (See photos)

post-3576-0-97621200-1415222812_thumb.jp

Congratulations on your fund-raising, and great of the magazine to do a feature. The best thing is it's not about enduring pain for a good cause, it's about having fun for a good cause, so well done to all of you (I loved all the heels everyone's wearing in the photos). Those new everyday boots will be like flats after the month you've had, but hopefully they're high enough to keep your back pain at bay.

If you like it, wear it.

the mary janes i wore for the month were actually very nice to walk in.  up until the 28th i had no problems.  they were a nice fit although a little lose fitting.  only on the 28th did i get a small blister on my left little toe.

if im honest i could easily wear them every day but i want a pair of more masculine looking heels with a block or cuban heel around 2.5 to 3 inch high.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys.  I was well pleased to have my story in the magazine.  They donated £200 to my charity (NSPCC) for the story.

Guiding you through the photos in the album starting with part one

TOP PHOTO.  Taking a break on my 10 mile walk for Cancer research in August 2010.  I was wearing 6 inch stiletto sandals

BOTTOM PHOTO:  Me and my wife, Wendy.  I am wearing the 4 inch Mary Janes that I wore during October 2014 to raise money for the NSPCC.  They are actually quiet comfortable if I'm wearing socks, stockings or nothing at all. 

Now for part two

TOP PHOTO:  The 6 inch stiletto sandals I wore on the 10 mile walk.  Also used to raise money every year for Children in Need

MIDDLE PHOTO:  Shopping in my 4 inch Mary Janes during my month in heels challenge during October 2014 to raise money for the NSPCC

MAIN PHOTO:  Taken during my very first high heel walk in August 2009.  I walked 5 miles wearing a pair of 7 1/2'' block heeled sandals to raise money for Help for Heroes.  Very difficult to keep balance in but fairly comfortable worn with stockings. 

if anyone asked me what my favourite heels are that i have worn i would say in order

1/  7.5'' inch black sandals (purely for the challenge).  i could easily of done the 10 miles wearing them

2/  4'' inch mary janes as they are very practical and suitable for daily use

3/  6'' inch stiletto sandals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I'm already starting to organise my next fundraising walk.  Again I will be wearing the black Mary Janes which were so comfortable during October last year although I dont think they will be very comfortable after 13.5 miles.

This year in August I will be attempting a half marathon.  Thats well over 13 miles.  I will be fundraising for MacMillan nurses.

I chose this charity because my Auntie died from lung cancer last year and 3 days before the funeral I find out that my mother has just been diagnosed with lung cancer.

If ever there was a charity worth fundraising for then MacMillan is the one. 

I will of course keep you informed

• 5 weeks later...

Well the half heeled marathon has been organised and will take place on 22nd of August 2015.  here is the fundraising page on justgiving

https://www.justgiving.com/macmillanheels

and here is the facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MacMillan-Heels-2015/671908182931042

Apart from the 4 inch Mary Janes that i wore for a month last october i will be in fancy dress which will consist of a pair of green leggings, a green MacMillan T-Shirt

and a little white mini skirt to hide my lunchbox :giggle:

Think of Robin Hood in heels and it will give you an idea of what i will look like.

Since i done my first high heel walk back in 2009 the idea has to been to be higher, further, longer and now even further again.  there are of course my street collections for children in need every November which i have now done twice.

to date i have done

5 miles in 7.5'' heels (help for heroes)

10 miles in 6'' heels (cancer research)

31 days in 4'' heels (nspcc)

and in August, Half marathon in 4'' heels (MacMillan)

5 hours in 6'' heels twice (children in need 2013 & 2014)

So which are my favoutrite heels?.  well this is an hard one.  for comfort it has to be the 4'' Mary Janes

but when it comes to overall style i would think the 7.5'' pleaser sandals i wore in 2009 have the most impact.

its just a shame they were not red.  if they fitted as good as the Mary Janmes i think i could do the half marathon in them.  i wish i still had them.

my biggest worry is if my shoes fail.  as i have size uk10 feet i just cannot walk into a supermarket or shoe shop and buy a nice pair of heels.

if i was asked if there was a single pair of heels that i likes i would most likely

pick an open toe boot with a chunky heel around 6 inches and a 2 inch platform made from a mesh material.

this would allow my feet to breathe and give great ankle support

post-3576-0-17447200-1425162519_thumb.jp