If You Had To Sell Some Of Your Collection.

LovesHiHeels

If you had to cut down the size of your collection. Could you? At the moment I have over 30 pairs of high heels and almost run out of space to hide them, but somehow always been able to find a place for them If I had to sell, I could sell 1 pair straight away. Can't walk in them or even wear them. I did sell 3 other pairs last year. I have another 11 that maybe I could sell if I needed to. These are the heels that are to big, damaged heel, ankle strap to short or I just don't like the style but are comfortable to wear. All the other pairs I would want to keep. 13 or so pairs. I would try to post a photo of my collection but I got a photo up already of my collection in my gallery.

I not only could sell some of my collection, I SHOULD! I've got way too many shoes and not enough storage space. A lot of them are styles I wore in my more timid days - loafers and clogs with very modest heels mainly - and I no longer wear, aren't really that comfortable, or just don't like them any more. I plan to put them on Ebay, but other activities in life are more interesting than listing stuff on Ebay and somehow procrastination wins. My wife would LOVE it if I sold off not only the excess shoes I don't want, but many other items of ours that I said, "Oh, don't throw those out, Dear, I could sell them on Ebay." She's still waiting <sigh>. Steve

You can all way trade up to more expensive pairs that you all ways wanted.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Seems that the answers to this thread are not the question asked. Did anyone actually read the first post or did they just spit out their favorite way of selling them?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Seems that the answers to this thread are not the question asked. Did anyone actually read the first post or did they just spit out their favorite way of selling them?

Down boy! This thread just got started.....

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Down boy! This thread just got started.....

All the more reason for the answers to be at least on-topic.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I thought I did follow the general theme of the thread. Sorry I mentioned how I part with them. I Did not link any sale or give my eBay name. Back to the point I spent several hours trying to weed down to the number I want to keep.

I'm also pretty tight on space for shoes (not to hide them, just to store them) so I'd probably have to let go of an old pair to make way for a new pair of heels. Up until now a couple of pairs that were worn out beyond repair have gone ot the local recycling centre. Four pairs that were in better condiion went to a charity shop where they hopefully found new owners. They were almost as good as new but just didn't fit right, one pair too big and the other three pairs too small/narrow. I'd struggle to decide the next pair to let go - there are a couple of pairs that need minor repairs but I really like them so I'd rather keep those and probably get rid of the pairs that fit the worst or look the least flattering on me. You said you've sold 3 pairs already and could sell up to 12 more, which is potentially around 50% of your collection. I think at a push I could maybe find 5 or 6 pairs out of my collection of about 60 to let go of, so that's only around 10% I'd consider dispensable.

If you like it, wear it.

I thought I did follow the general theme of the thread. Sorry I mentioned how I part with them. I Did not link any sale or give my eBay name.

Back to the point I spent several hours trying to weed down to the number I want to keep.

Not a big problem. Just wanted to make sure the original poster got his answer. He really seemed to be asking, "can you" rather than how to get rid of them.

I usually get rid of heels that I get tired of, or that I shouldn't have bought in the first place. No point in keeping something you don't wear, unless its for historical reasons or you bought something rare for an investment.

I'm not asking how you sell your heels. I want to know what makes you sell a pair. Its simple when the heels are worn out or damaged. Would you then by another pair in the same style or another style. I'm trying to have a collection where I don't want to sell any pairs of heels. post-2673-0-31276100-1374403336_thumb.jp The pair on the left are the ones I wish to sell and those have been replaced by the peep-toe heels. Those are much better and are on my keep list.

The thought of parting with any of my heels is hard to deal with. Yes, I am a bit possessive when it comes to any of my stilettos. However, like many have said in their responses: there are those that are damaged beyond repair, that never really fit properly having bought them on whims over the internet, or that have just grown out of a favored priority for what ever the reason. I should think of such action as opening opportunities for me to have more space to put future selections and as offering prospective owners more choices, instead of regretting that I don't have the room for any more and that I have stacks of high heel boxes that need to have better placements for their potential accessibility. It is time to up date my high heel inventory and make these adjustments.

Not a big problem. Just wanted to make sure the original poster got his answer. He really seemed to be asking, "can you" rather than how to get rid of them.

I use EBay, which means obviously yes I can rid of my shoes.

Alright, Hoverfly. You win on the technicality issue.

truthfully my wife Jennifer would love for me to sell all of them! When I open the closet door and the shoe boxes start falling out at me! 140 pairs and I think I should have been satisfied with just 10 pairs especially if they fit right. I do need to re-evaluate the situation and yes I need to sell 90 percent of my shoe collection I would keep the wedge sandals, 3 pairs Get rid of the platforms Keep the 4 inch strappy sandals I love to see my painted red toenails in those! and strappy shows off my feet nicely! I only have 3 pairs of boots the bakers shoe variety( Trendsetter and Bow Plus the Classified slouch boot) Keep the Karmen pumps from Payless 5 pairs they have a 3 inch heel and are very comfortable AND a side note We just got a 5 month old female puppy and she chewed up a pair of my bakers dress sandals :penitent: apparently not out of her reach. My cats never showed interest in my shoe collection L.O.L. TOO much money tied up in my shoe collection to get destroyed by our dog we live in an apartment so space is a premium So I think selling some of my shoes is a necessity I think that still does not sound like the answer to the question but I want to be in this discussion. HOW MANY SHOES IS TOO MUCH? And believe me I have a lot of incorrect fitting shoes.

Not the answer to the question I was asking. I don't want to know how you sell your heels but why. Put it another why..How many would you want to keep or would be very hard for you to part with or the ones you might want to sell but not sure and the ones you know you want to sell.

truthfully my wife Jennifer would love for me to sell all of them! When I open the closet door and the shoe boxes start falling out at me! 140 pairs and I think I should have been satisfied with just 10 pairs especially if they fit right. I do need to re-evaluate the situation and yes I need to sell 90 percent of my shoe collection I would keep the wedge sandals, 3 pairs Get rid of the platforms Keep the 4 inch strappy sandals I love to see my painted red toenails in those! and strappy shows off my feet nicely! I only have 3 pairs of boots the bakers shoe variety( Trendsetter and Bow Plus the Classified slouch boot) Keep the Karmen pumps from Payless 5 pairs they have a 3 inch heel and are very comfortable AND a side note We just got a 5 month old female puppy and she chewed up a pair of my bakers dress sandals :penitent: apparently not out of her reach. My cats never showed interest in my shoe collection L.O.L. TOO much money tied up in my shoe collection to get destroyed by our dog we live in an apartment so space is a premium So I think selling some of my shoes is a necessity I think that still does not sound like the answer to the question but I want to be in this discussion. HOW MANY SHOES IS TOO MUCH? And believe me I have a lot of incorrect fitting shoes.

You have answered the question that I've asked.

I do have a few I could sell.

Why would I sell them?

• The Rick Owens wedge knee high boots because I considered them "bad-ass" looking in the store, but rather ugly when I looked at them a few weeks later. I've got nicer wedges that make my foot look smaller - just the opposite is the case with the Rick Owens wedges. But I haven't sold them so far because they were over 1,000 USD, and you just get a fraction of that when you are selling them. Never worn.
  • My Steve Madden Allyy heels because they don't fit. I liked the look, but they just don't fit. Going to sell them within the next month or so.
  • My Tommy Hilfiger strap wedge sandals because I initally bought them to have a summer heel available. I don't know why, but I consider them to be too femme looking. In addition, I've got the pair from Fendi I like even more, so I often choose the Fendi over the Hilfiger ones. But they are nice shoes, so I am keeping them.
  • My Guess Chelsea boots because they were made in China and smell like an industrial chemical plant - at least when they were new out of the box. I've kept them because I like how they look, and they also fit ok, but the smell... it's probably toxic. :radioactive:
  • My Anne Demeulemeester riding boots - I had ordered a size 41.5 and a size 42 to try out and kept the 42, as I had trouble getting the 41.5 off my foot. Walked around a lot in the 42 and discovered that the leather gave in, so it became a bit too big. Should have taken the 41.5. I am keeping them though, as they were the first pair of "unusual" boots and my first "designer" item. The whole craziness about heels, designer stuff, fashion, etc. was started by this buy. Sort of sentimental for me :wub:

How many would I keep?

At the moment, I do have around 60 heels, most of them boots. I just went through my list - there are 20 of them I wear regularly or that do have a design that's just amazing.

I feel a bit like Buzz Bissinger, and I've realized I probably am shopping addicted. I've decided to invest less in heels and rather buy two or three heels a year than nearly one pair every month. Besides, I also realized I prefer buying another pair of heels than e.g. buying a new men's suit, while I would wear the latter more often. But suit = work, and heels = freedom/leisure time, so it's quite obvious why I prefer to buy heels... nonetheless, I am going to cut back on the heel front.

Not the answer to the question I was asking. I don't want to know how you sell your heels but why. Put it another why..How many would you want to keep or would be very hard for you to part with or the ones you might want to sell but not sure and the ones you know you want to sell.

I was getting to that but I was like soooooo disrupted....JK Why? well if the shoe don't fit sell it or can't walk in them I eventually sell them. You can say I treat my shoes like currency. Some times its a long thought out process on which ones will go bye bye. The Trendy stuff like those blade heels, tends to be sold off as soon the "wow!" factor wears off. My "fetish" shoes are ones I don't wear out side the house I have no problems getting rid of unless there are to well worn. I am all ways looking for something else to buy in that category to try on something different.

I also keep enough favorites on hand until I feel I can sell some with out missing them. Usually by then I am out of storage space. I currently own two pairs for a total of three over the years, of leather ankle boots with a 3 3/4 block heel, square toe from Connie. These are a nice classic fitting pair that I first wore out side of my home in public. Never been able to sell those, yet. I also have three pairs of custom made Cowboy boots. On pair has a four inch heel and the family shield embroidered on them so those are keepers until I die , or there is somebody worthily of inheriting them If they have a men's size 10 foot and narrow clafs, or get cremated along with me or are forgotten and somebody else finds them, or the house goes up in flames....

I actually do this a few times each year, otherwise my collection would grow out of control. I try my hardest to keep my collection in the 50-60 range. So as I am always buying new pairs, I go through my collection, lay them out, and think about what I rarely if ever wear or if I feel I am no longer attached to a pair. I usually have no problem getting rid of cheaper pairs (I have bought far too many 'bargains' online), so I guess gradually I am slowly upgrading my collection over time. At least that is the theory. Anyway, to your question, yes, I can and do sell, and if I feel they don't have much resale value or is not worth my effort to try to sell, I often just have the wife add it to the donation pile she takes out from time to time.

• 5 months later...

If folks are mentioning the vehicle with which they would thin the collection, then it sounds like they can if needed.

In my case, If I had too thin out the heel selection, it's most likely going to get donated to Goodwill. If I am not going to keep them for one reason or another, then they probably deserve to be donated. I didn't pay alot for them, and nobody else is likely too either.

I've been selling a lot of my shoes for the past months so I can sell them. Not as many as I would like as marktplaats.nl seems to attract its fair share of nutters and flakes. Nowadays I divide my shoes into three groups, must keep them at all cost, fallen out of favors and up for sales. A pair in the 2nd group can make it back into the first group, but by placing them into the fallen out of favor group it becomes easier for me to put them up for sale later on. The more time passes between having worn them for the last time, the less emotional attachment remains. 

Why I would sell them? Space is one big factor. I've discovered that I have a LOT of pairs which I don't actually use. Way more then I thought. Also to earn money for other purposes. Most of which is not shoe related. 

[*]My Guess Chelsea boots because they were made in China and smell like an industrial chemical plant - at least when they were new out of the box. I've kept them because I like how they look, and they also fit ok, but the smell... it's probably toxic. :radioactive:

Freestyle75, thanks and good luck for the sale, now I know why I won't buy these ... and I understand better some issues with mine !

I do have trouble getting rid of shoes, but I have parted with a number of pairs, mainly because of fit issues.  I tend to buy used on eBay because of cost, and sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose when you acquire shoes that way.

The second reason I've gotten rid of shoes is because I've found that over the past year, as my confidence level has risen, that I don't wear the more conservative styles I bought some time ago.  I think Steve mentioned something similar earlier in this thread.  For example, I bought a pair of Nine West oxfords with a substantially thick 3 1/2" heel to wear to church with my suits.  They're nice enough, but now that I realize that nobody seems to care what I have on my feet, I found that I was wearing them less and less in favor of the 4 1/2 - 5" heels that I really prefer to wear.

The third reason I've gotten rid of heels is perhaps one that hasn't been mentioned thus far.  Up until recently, although I haven't hidden my heeling from my wife (or anyone else, for that matter), I had been hiding just exactly how many pairs of shoes I had.  I have come to realize this is not a good thing.  My wife isn't mad about the heels themselves, just about the money spent.  So I decided to come clean, and now I don't have any more secret shoes.  But first, I got rid of everything I didn't absolutely love, or didn't fit quite right.  I'm down to 20 pairs, from a high of 30, and I'm still married, so.  .  . I guess Life Is Good!