Men In High Heels...it's Coming?

Shafted

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heelster, your not really in the sticks I drove through there from Knoxville tenn to Sandusky and believe me it's not the sticks compared to South Dakota. I do wear my heels out at least once a week have been to lowes, Walmart , out for a adult bev and never a problem. And some of my heels are in the 6" range

Funny, but the "male high heel acceptance" sorta reminds me of earrings.  In the western world, it's a sign of femininity- of a woman coming of age.  Now it's a commonly accepted accessory for men and women.  I often wonder if high heels will follow the same path.  It would probably take some "footballers" from both sides of the pond to make it more acceptable just as what happened with earrings.

Funny, but the "male high heel acceptance" sorta reminds me of earrings.  In the western world, it's a sign of femininity- of a woman coming of age.  Now it's a commonly accepted accessory for men and women. 

No, it isn't. There's still plenty of jobs you would not get if you were wearing earrings as a man. For instance, one of our TV-host here were told that he couldn't be on TV if he didn't remove his earring. You would not normally see male politicians with earrings, yet it's perfectly ok to be a gay politician.

Indeed. Men in skirts are comparatively commonplace now.

That depends on where you are. Here people don't seem to mind, but go to Italy (where I've just been) and it causes quite a stir. I believe it's even still illegal. Some of the difference is of course because Italians are much more outgoing and not afraid to ask you why you are wearing that, but also because the gender roles are more old fashioned. 

One thing that I simply find interesting is that across the globe you find, for the most part, it is women that wear high heels. Anywhere fashion exists this appears to be the case. It is interesting that in areas where lifestyle seemingly develops independantly a basic set of "social norms" can be found that seem to exist across the board - such as women wear high heels.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

One thing that I simply find interesting is that across the globe you find, for the most part, it is women that wear high heels. Anywhere fashion exists this appears to be the case. It is interesting that in areas where lifestyle seemingly develops independantly a basic set of "social norms" can be found that seem to exist across the board - such as women wear high heels.

Very true! I believe there is some part of the thought process of the ' area ' one lives that might influence most things or aspects of how people feel about ' things '.

Where Im presently at, nobody could care less what I wear so long as my ' goods ' arent hanging out. They couldnt care if I drink, smoke, what I eat, what I watch on TV, what I drive.. They mostly believe to let people take care of and be responsible for themselves.

I have lived ( in the past ) in a more dense populated area where people just refuse to leave one another alone. It was quite the opposite of the present situation of where I live. I didnt care for it at all.

What any guy whom wishes to wear heels out and about should understand : Those whom scream and demand their way are usually in the minority about EVERYTHING or just ' wrong ' in their whole perception. If you want to wear heeled shoes, go ahead and do it. Forget the nay-sayers.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

That's another thing I have never seen in public. Not even a utilikilt.

I have never seen a guy wearing a kilt here, either, unless he was playing the bagpipes for a ceremonial event. However, a co-worker mentioned the other day that he's seen a guy wearing a kilt several times near the place he's staying. He didn't mention anything about heels. I'm guessing combat boots?