Men In High Heels...it's Coming?

Shafted

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm.. what to say... Im glad people are finally seeing more men in heels? Im glad people are choosing to wear the shoes I like? Cant say anything bad about this at all ;) -Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Great find Shafted. I printed off copies of both articles to show around, to people that think men in heels is weird.

After the NY Times , article on men coloring their fingers and toes, this will also be a great boost for us men, that like (Love) to wear heels.

Thanks again!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

This is great. More publicity in the news media is always good. Now if only the Maxim/Playboy/GQ fashion editors would make a positive statement, then the rest of the men who don't read the fashion news elswhere would think about it. This could get interesting. Trends in the mens fashion world seem to move slowly. I'm ready to go shopping.

So mainstream is going to catch us up, I'm not so sure but there certainly does seem to be more and more freedom coming into men's fashion so who knows. It would help all those on here still trying to find t courage to go out in heels. Let's remain hopeful it comes true.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Now if only the Maxim/Playboy/GQ fashion editors would make a positive statement, then the rest of the men who don't read the fashion news elswhere would think about it.

And can anyone guess which one of the three most guys read/look at. Seems to me like Maxim and GQ are a distant second and third. I am basing this opinion on most guys I know.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

And can anyone guess which one of the three most guys read/look at. Seems to me like Maxim and GQ are a distant second and third. I am basing this opinion on most guys I know.

Actually, seems Hunting/fishing/motocross/Harley magazines are the most common amongst the crowd around here, and you know none of these would touch the subject, so yes, Playboy should break the news.

I'm waiting to hear all about it.

I think it goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway. It is the next generation that will or will not make men wearing high heels mainstream. Mainstream is perhaps a stretch, but I think you all know what I'm getting at. Guys wearing high heels may and very likely will never become mainstream, But if enough guys want it, it will become an acceptable alternative. We just need more brave pioneers willing to be on the front lines so to speak.

I may be brave, but only when I'm out-of-town. Lived locally for about 13 years, and we are still treated like outsiders in some ways. I didn't realize how much redneck mentallity exists until it smacked me up side the head again recently. Neighbor kid and his father both put Confederate flags on the truck bed, plus in the back windows. Looks pretty weired seeing 4' x 3' flags flying when they go down the road. The locals have been trying to find reasons to close down the local Mens Gay campground. They were pretty pissed when it was bought and converted. They had some pretty hefty money offers to sell, but they didn't bite. Now that there are plans to do some major road work and re-route a state highway, thhe locals are trying to get the state to re-route the road through the campground instead of around the one side. Heels locally - ??? Not happening!!

I passed out some copies of that article about men in heels, today. One in my bank for the tellers to read. (They have seen me wearing heels a couple of times) Also ,my wife took a copy to work and she said she got mixed comments from her co-workers. More positive than negative, which is a good sign, that maybe more acceptance of men in heels is slowly coming. The more publicity we get out about men heeling, will be a plus to our cause and love. BTW, Heelster what area of the country are you from? I have worn heels into Home Depot and Lowe's, true male bastions and have never had a problem. I even got a couple compliments from the clerks. Just today, at Home Depot, a female clerk commented on my royal blue colored little pinkies, that I like to wear. She said she liked the look! So do I !!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Personally I think its wishful thinking. Fads have a bad habit of coming and going. And I do remember this crossdressing fad in the 90's that's also come and gone. It would be nice if true but I'm not counting on it to happen.

I may be brave, but only when I'm out-of-town.

Lived locally for about 13 years, and we are still treated like outsiders in some ways. I didn't realize how much redneck mentallity exists until it smacked me up side the head again recently.

Neighbor kid and his father both put Confederate flags on the truck bed, plus in the back windows. Looks pretty weired seeing 4' x 3' flags flying when they go down the road.

The locals have been trying to find reasons to close down the local Mens Gay campground. They were pretty pissed when it was bought and converted. They had some pretty hefty money offers to sell, but they didn't bite. Now that there are plans to do some major road work and re-route a state highway, thhe locals are trying to get the state to re-route the road through the campground instead of around the one side.

Heels locally - ???

Not happening!!

I too am in the sticks. Real redneck country and the Confederate flags fly all around here. I do go out in my heels but do chose where to wear them. Most likely not the local bar with all the pick up trucks and big Harleys out front. I have not had any problems until recently when I was getting my hair cut in a local old fashioned barber shop run by 4 beautiful women. The 3rd time there in my heels and this time I had on shorts and my red Brash Kosmic pumps. The owner actually asked me not to come back in this type of attire although I didn't see any odd commotion in the shop. She said next time in dress more normally. We'll see if I ever go back. Other than that, no troubles. You know your area the best so do what you feel is right/safe. Jim

In the area I live in it is rare to see women wearing heels, no chance you will see a guy wearing heels except for the one or two that show up at the shopping mall in full women's wear. Pretty conservative, and sort of " back woods" around here. In a group I casually made a comment about men wearing heels and pretty much everyone figured that a guy wearing heels had to be gay, and even when I made a comment that it was hetero, married men people still would not believe it.

I passed out some copies of that article about men in heels, today. One in my bank for the tellers to read. (They have seen me wearing heels a couple of times) Also ,my wife took a copy to work and she said she got mixed comments from her co-workers. More positive than negative, which is a good sign, that maybe more acceptance of men in heels is slowly coming.

The more publicity we get out about men heeling, will be a plus to our cause and love.

BTW, Heelster what area of the country are you from? I have worn heels into Home Depot and Lowe's, true male bastions and have never had a problem. I even got a couple compliments from the clerks. Just today, at Home Depot, a female clerk commented on my royal blue colored little pinkies, that I like to wear. She said she liked the look! So do I !!!!!!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

North Cental Ohio area. I always joke that the smartest thing Kentucky and West Virginia did was to send all their unwanted folks to Ohio.

Small town, One stoplight, two gas stations with beer caves, A McDonalds, Subway (in a gas station) and 5 pizza places. The American Legion, and the Eagles are your only drinking establishments. The only time folks might dress up a bit is Sunday Morning - - - Maybe. Never see heels around town.

Hey Shafted, Good finds on the 2 articles, yes I would agree, it is on its way and thanks to all males out there doing what we want to do and wear what shoes we like to. Hey! We are making gains on the mainstream beliefs. We'll keep looking for more articles!

North Cental Ohio area. I always joke that the smartest thing Kentucky and West Virginia did was to send all their unwanted folks to Ohio.

Small town, One stoplight, two gas stations with beer caves, A McDonalds, Subway (in a gas station) and 5 pizza places. The American Legion, and the Eagles are your only drinking establishments. The only time folks might dress up a bit is Sunday Morning - - - Maybe. Never see heels around town.

I'm very surprised to hear that about you area. We have several heelers in Ohio that post regularly here. I have driven through Ohio wearing heels and have never encountered a problem, wearing them.

Incidentally, I am a member of the American Legion and I have worn heels to my post at times,. Not really overly looking, feminine ones, but they were still heels and have never had a problem, maybe I live in a more liberal state, New York.

I see lots of members of the American Legion wearing earrings in my travels to the posts, but not many heelers yet. But they will be coming too!!!!!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I'm very surprised to hear that about you area. We have several heelers in Ohio that post regularly here. I have driven through Ohio wearing heels and have never encountered a problem, wearing them.

Incidentally, I am a member of the American Legion and I have worn heels to my post at times,. Not really overly looking, feminine ones, but they were still heels and have never had a problem, maybe I live in a more liberal state, New York.

I see lots of members of the American Legion wearing earrings in my travels to the posts, but not many heelers yet. But they will be coming too!!!!!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I've worn heels in some other areas of Ohio with no problems at all. Been shopping at tool stores, Home depot, and lowes too, but I live in a rather strange little town with a very backward mentality. It's slow to change, but I see some small movement .

My village here in Ohio is even smaller than that. However, being a liberal art college town with a strong LBGT community, I can wear about anything I want. (If my wife would let me)I've worn my boots over skinny jeans without any comments and I often wear a kilt. I have even worn a denim skirt a few times. I'm sure there have been some stares but never a negative comment from anyone.

It will take that one superstar athlete that to do some kind of article or show up somewhere in heels and just say "screw any person that has a problem with it", for it to catch on and become the latest trend that's my hypothesis.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

What I'm finding interesting is that I see no comments by any readers. Either they are not seeing the articles, or they just don't see a reason to enter a comment - - - Hopefully it's the second option.

At least it should make it easier for you guys to go out there and do it.

Fashion by definition means that something is popular. If only a few peeps did it then it wouldn't be fashion would it?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, this is certainly interesting. To read those articles lends definite credence to the possibility of men wearing heels becoming mainstream. But, it's up to us to keep that ball rolling, to go and be seen in the shoes we all love, and to look our very best in those shoes too.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Fashion by definition means that something is popular. If only a few peeps did it then it wouldn't be fashion would it?

Actually only partially true when used as an adverb. As a noun, it is merely how we dress ourselves. In-fashion, out-of -fashon, do I dare say alternative fashion? It's all fashion. Fashion as a noun doesn't have to be popular. Fashion trends sometimes start from just a few peeps.

It will take that one superstar athlete that to do some kind of article or show up somewhere in heels and just say "screw any person that has a problem with it", for it to catch on and become the latest trend that's my hypothesis.

I would say the above would be the most influential thing that could happen.

As for the whole ' where you live ' type of setting.. Ive been all over to all different areas and the only thing in common is.. I wore what I chose to wear. The very worst place I have seen was State College Campus in P.A. when a relative graduated. For being such a ' liberal ' place, I havent been called a fag or a ' queen ' so many times in a single visit.

As for the whole ' redneck ' areas, I think if one makes it known that THEY themselves are quite comfortable in whom they are, they wont have ANY issues. Im not a big guy, but I have a friend named Sam that makes all things equal.

Its easy to bash on the ' rednecks ', but the worst experiences I have ever faced in my entire life have come from the oppression of liberals and their ' we will force you to heed our ways ' types, thus why I moved out of where I was to a better area where people actually have the capacity to allow others to earn their respect.

We are all individuals regardless of our philosophies. Theres no ' one size fits all ' mold for our lives. To have one group push such a mold onto differing idealists is just wrong at its core. One persons freedom ends where another persons starts. If only such was practiced, there wouldnt be a need to worry about ' rednecks ' or ' campus monkeys '.

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Acceptable alternative is good. Even got my leg pulled at work (almost 7 months in now), we have a aircraft wing skin with damage (ZERO hours flown and in build) "been up here in your horror heels?". "Not on the job" ;) said I, which got a good laugh by all around. Great team I think they're waiting for a catwalk show? No the damage was the result of tie down straps rattling against the skin during transport to our site. Very embarrassing. Al

Shafted- Thanks for posting these links. Good information about the still-unfolding fashion trend of men in high heels. Although I believe there is some common sense in considering the specifics of one's own locale as to whether to wear heels I'd remind all that the future of men in heels in the near future may well rest upon YOUR decision to wear or not wear them the next time you go out to eat, go to a movie, or simply go shopping. Once you step out of your car, house, or apartment you must also walk with confidence and hold your head high. This simple act taken by one, and multiplied by thousands of men worldwide, will bring this fashion trend in small circles to a much larger sphere of influence. The only problem I see is that the vast majority of the men pictured in the links are gay and so, by extension, the reader's perspective is that it's a gay men's fashion thing when, in fact, I suspect many more male heel wearers are actually heterosexual. But the rest of the world will never know that unless WE get off our asses and step out in the footwear of our choice. I mean, look at Shafted, he wear stiletto boots in a tiny town in the state of Maine and he thrives. JeffB wears his trademark skirts and heels wherever he wants and nothing bad happens and there are many others. If you buy something you intend to wear and then "chicken out" then you are not advancing the case of equality in men's fashion. The difference between reading these links and believing it to be wishful thinking now and a few years from now (like two) may well depend on YOU. If enough men worldwide do this then the fashion industry will respond in kind as it always does. HappyinHeels