Uk Meeting

Seductiveone, If I may make a suggestion...the UK is a big place, and somebody from Dover might not want to travel to Belfast or Skye just for a heel meet. So offer a specific time and place, something like this: "I suggest we meet at 5 pm on May 32 at the Stiletto Pub in North Heelstown and enjoy drinks and dinner, get acquainted, and stroll down the high street to do some shoe shopping. If you are interested, pls pm me." Or something to that effect. Then you'll see if there are any interested people in your area. You might get messages that tell you they live near you and they'd like to meet but can't on that day or at that time. Then you could work out a better arrangement. Prepare to do some organizational work, and at least write a few emails and check your messages daily. Heel meets don't just happen by themselves. Hope that helps. Steve

• 5 weeks later...

London isn't bad. Lots of shops, lots to do; good communications. Or Birmingham or Leicester or Northampton. Somewhere fairly central. (By the way, I was never into organising special venues etc, too much like hard work! Just meet in a pub eg The Tottenham on the North West side of Tottenham Court Road/Oxford Street Junction next to Tottenham Court Road Tube... then check out the shops... have meal etc London is good because people are used to seeing alternative fashions. Never a problem there) Dr Shoe... where you living now ;) ?

Clearly I would love to meet up in the midlands as that's where I live, could really do with suggestion of date and times though.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

London isn't bad. Lots of shops, lots to do; good communications. Or Birmingham or Leicester or Northampton. Somewhere fairly central. (By the way, I was never into organising special venues etc, too much like hard work! Just meet in a pub eg The Tottenham on the North West side of Tottenham Court Road/Oxford Street Junction next to Tottenham Court Road Tube... then check out the shops... have meal etc London is good because people are used to seeing alternative fashions. Never a problem there)

Seriously ??? I have been heeling in various cities around Europe and London was by far the worst, all 3 times.

Seriously ??? I have been heeling in various cities around Europe and London was by far the worst, all 3 times.

How come it was such a bad experience? I was thinking about taking my first steps in London... If it ever happens...

Not had problems in London travelled across from Docklands to HydePark and toured Kensington Palace. Got noticed once at the park cafe above the palace by a couple of women but no issues at all.

I'm up in The Strand on Saturday for a 60th birthday bash.

Al

Just to update the trip to the strand went well, Saw one couple about sixtyish clock me on the Gosport/Portsmouth ferry and go into whisper mode, two guys at the embankment that I thought maybe could be mouthy. The afternoon in the bar 2-7.30 no issues, the train journey home I was sitting on the same seat row with a woman thirtyish wearing what I could describe 4" heeled dealer boots. She took no notice.

Evening around town is noisy so heel noise is drowned out and most people are just out doing their own thing and don't notice!

Al

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm in London for the Kate Bush show and just wanted to add that my 4th time heeling in London went on without any problems. Did some shopping before the show and went to the show in heels. All good. I don't know why people don't seem to react anymore.

• 1 year later...

It's a great idea but just suggesting it won't do anything. Make it  happen. Pick a venue, date, and time a couple of weeks out, announce it here, and get some replies. Ideally you will get 4-6 people to show up and have a great time! Good luck!

Steve

Like Steve63130 said merely suggesting it doesn't make it happen. Join this site and legitimize your position with a forum name and then PM the people here that replied or will show interest in the passing days. Pick a spot, perhaps LGBT-friendly or just welcoming to all, and make it happen. You'll spend a lifetime waiting for others to do tomorrow what you could have made happen yesterday. HappyinHeels

• Like 1