What Do Your Friends Think Of Your Heels?

Curt

My friends make fun of me, but in a nice way. They never think of me as weird, but as a fashion icon. Sort of a mix between lenny kravitz and cheryl crow. Pretty much trendy fashion without looking like a cheap ho.

Ive always been an ' oddball ' so nobody gives it a second thought. A couple people asked if I was gay ( out of curiosity, not being demeaning or hateful as they could care less whom I sleep with ) and met my other half. Didnt make a difference at all. ' Friends ' will take you for who you are and try and accept your decisions.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I think that to most of my friends I am a bit of an eccentric. If anything they think of me as enigmatic.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Most of my friends just accept it as part of the way I am, they have learnt to expect the unexpected. I shall have to try harder to shock them in the future.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I will find out what some of my friends think about it...next weekend is the "Connected Workshop", a meeting for fans of old video games and home computers (the Workshop meeting is for repairing and modifications, the regular Conn is for everyone and everything, as long as it works with microchips). I plan to wear my 3,5 " Mustang wedge boots, because they are way more comfortable than anything else in my shoerack, and i am a bit nervous....but i want to do it, and i think nobody will really care.

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

My friends and work staff are very supportive of my wearing "a" heel as I am

able to wear only one and use crutches.

However , I am the recipiant of negative looks and comments, mostly from

senior citizens and especially when I am at a medical building.

E

I have found senior citizens, as a group, are the most openly demeaning group for everything, not just heels. They are old enough to say what they mean without holding back and they are openly against anything that they think is wrong. My mom still thinks the 1950's are alive and anything that doesn't fit into that "Mayberry Main Street USA" world she has built mentally is wrong and should be stopped (by whom?) I think much of the population is the same but as I grow older I am more open to expressing my feelings to others. While I don't care what you put on your feet, most of the population is programmed by society and 'fashion' to see heels on men as wrong and think the wearer must have a screw loose. By the time they reach retirement age, they will pretty much tell anyone who will listen, or at a minimum, scour at you for wearing heels. At the mall, I think it is fun to openly laugh at them. When I see a senior citizen scouring at my shoes, I just give them a big grin to let them know they can't bring me down. Funny as it makes them more upset. I think retirement gives many people too much free time to stew in their thoughts. You know the saying about idle minds?

The one bad thing about working a lot of hours on third shift is that you have this tendancy to lose friends over the long haul. You never see them since your working while it's play time for them. Will they ever know - - most likely not.

• 1 month later...

Went to a party after Spring Semester ended (or it was nearing the end of the Semester) at the college. I had decided to go there in my newest wedges and hopefully have fun. Not only did I, but a good friend of mine from the Game Room of said college was totally cool with it. I mean, it wasn't that he had to be. He could have easily asked me "Why, dude?" but nah. We played a few games and had a good time.

At the same party, I had an "admirer" of said shoes who decided to shout me out in front of Everyone. Still can't figure out if it was on purpose, or if she really liked my shoes. But hey, none of it matters when you're enjoying yourself at a party, right?

Formally "HHDude"

I have lots of friends and I wear what I want, which is mostly heeled clogs, sandals, loafers and boots. I don't wear thin heels often, but mostly thicker ones and generally 3 to 3.5 inches high. A couple of women friends have complimented me on my heels and since they're passionate about shoes themselves, they've become my "shoe sisters." We have a great time talking about shoes in general and heels in particular. Their husbands aren't particularly interested, so we ignore them! But most of my friends don't care or at least have never said anything to me or my wife about my shoe choices. Then again, I also wear pantyhose, women's jeans and slacks, and nail polish openly and I carry a handbag. Life is good! I love my friends. Steve

I have some friends who want to know what heels I am wearing, and if I take them off at the door, they say that I can keep them on and walk around there place. Even if they have their friends over and they don't know about me wearing heels. Most of my friends are cool with me wearing heels. A friend thats a girl will sometimes try them on, and ask me where I purchased them from. She likes my taste in heels.

I told a friend about my love of wearing heels and actually i showed her my 4" Ankle Boots. She was surprised, but she thought I was not using high heels as shed didn't note anything different while I was walking. In the end of the night, she confessed that she liked my courage to going out in high heels.