Leatherworks gone bust? what to buy instaed

Extreme Heel

Giving Skyscrapers a shot, will post a review soon after my boots show up :)

Well, I can say they have never ripped me off and always responded to my mails. Wouldn't have mind though to have known that they had changed suppliers from their Leatherworks replacement (which I quite liked and now suspect was Burlesque Blue) back to Leatherworks (sort off). 

Well, I can say they have never ripped me off and always responded to my mails. Wouldn't have mind though to have known that they had changed suppliers from their Leatherworks replacement (which I quite liked and now suspect was Burlesque Blue) back to Leatherworks (sort off). 

I agree. The man usually replies immediately. I bought two pairs when Leatherworks was still alive.

But in my opinion a huge 'contra' is that they arn't able / willing to realise special wishes like adjusting measurements or doing a leather lining.

I agree. The man usually replies immediately. I bought two pairs when Leatherworks was still alive.

But in my opinion a huge 'contra' is that they arn't able / willing to realise special wishes like adjusting measurements or doing a leather lining.

Wouldn't that usually require them being being manufacturers themselves? I dunno but I think it's kinda hard to offer (and promise) special wishes when what you're really only doing is being the middle man placing an order with a third party manufacturer and then reselling them to the customer. And not one of the easiest manufacturers I might add since a lot of people could tell horrorstories of having to deal with Leatherworks themselves. And Leatherworks always impressed me as the kind of manufacturer where you could order in any color you wanted, as long as it was black. :wink:

Giving Skyscrapers a shot, will post a review soon after my boots show up :)

Thanks for giving us a try, I'm sure you will not be dissapointed. I can assure you that all our footwear is being made by Leatherworks and if you check our website you will see all the colours and styles that are available, yes they have had lots of problems in the past but I now get my orders made within 5 weeks and I can contact them everyday if I need to. 

If you want Leatherworks footwear then check out our website its all made by them.

Got the boots, so pretty quick considering they had to go through customs/etc. You might want to adjust the text from the written portion of the ebay description to match the "exact heel height" part. Although at 4.5" the heels are easy to walk in and will probably get more use then a 5.5" might have. The footbed shape seems to fit well, and the only issue I seem to have is where the leather of the toe area meets the leather of the side of the foot. The seam seems to hit a spot on my little toe, but that might just be my feet, and I am curious if it sorts itself out in time. 

Not unhappy at this time, am looking forward to getting use out these :)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Got the boots, so pretty quick considering they had to go through customs/etc. You might want to adjust the text from the written portion of the ebay description to match the "exact heel height" part. Although at 4.5" the heels are easy to walk in and will probably get more use then a 5.5" might have. The footbed shape seems to fit well, and the only issue I seem to have is where the leather of the toe area meets the leather of the side of the foot. The seam seems to hit a spot on my little toe, but that might just be my feet, and I am curious if it sorts itself out in time. 

post pics of the boots please kind sir.......as all of us here would like to see what you purchased and how you look wearing them!

...And your point is?

My point is, most of the footwear which is bought these days is cheap foreign crap, being passed off as top grade footwear, at least 90% of UK footwear (if you can get it) is top quality and made from decent leathers, as others have said also lets buy British.!

Thanks for the comments you have made, I presume you did buy them from us (Skyscrapers) and pleased to read you got them quickly, with us using Royal Mail International sign for we find they go through customs pretty quickly, we hope you will use us again at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening and a happy new year.

After 4,5 months I received the shoes without any notifaction in advance.

The entire transaction is one big disappointment.

Personally I do not recommend them, because

- they just ignore E-Mails,

- their phone is blocked most of the day,

- the shoes are faulty finally. The measurements differ than ordered (4cm). The seams and the texture of the leather are different than displayed on the product images.

I'm really curious about my inquiry concerning the faults ......

Bizarre. I wouldn't say they were the fastest, but certainly not the worst either. Varying experiences do hint at a business that is not really professionally run though. Which was what killed off Leatherworks in the first place. Which ultimately goes to show that being a good craftsman does not automatically make a good entrepreneur. And I dare say being the latter is way more important then being the former if you want to run a successful business.

Good evening and a happy new year.

After 4,5 months I received the shoes without any notifaction in advance.

The entire transaction is one big disappointment.

Personally I do not recommend them, because

- they just ignore E-Mails,

- their phone is blocked most of the day,

- the shoes are faulty finally. The measurements differ than ordered (4cm). The seams and the texture of the leather are different than displayed on the product images.

I'm really curious about my inquiry concerning the faults ......

Hi there, can I ask what company it is you are reffering to where you bought these heels.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So have Fabulously Fetish gone bust then.? Come check us out for your fetish footwear all UK made everything for your high heeled needs.

No, they haven't gone bust. They're just slow at work and have poor customer service.

Also, I would not recommend you to be honest. Your prices are not worth your products. (Sorry).

• 1 month later...

No, they haven't gone bust. They're just slow at work and have poor customer service.

Also, I would not recommend you to be honest. Your prices are not worth your products. (Sorry).

Can I ask if you have purchased from us before to make such a sweeping statement, you have to admit "if" our products are not worth the money why are we still in business 18 years down the line, having sailed through a majoy recession as well, think that speaks volumes really.!! After all as a small snap shot 850 customers can't all be wrong with leaving 1st class feedback from our Ebay shop as well. Like most things in life you get what you pay for and we are certainly not expensive when it comes to UK fetish footwear, and lets face it how many in the UK are still left.

Can I ask if you have purchased from us before to make such a sweeping statement, you have to admit "if" our products are not worth the money why are we still in business 18 years down the line, having sailed through a majoy recession as well, think that speaks volumes really.!! After all as a small snap shot 850 customers can't all be wrong with leaving 1st class feedback from our Ebay shop as well. Like most things in life you get what you pay for and we are certainly not expensive when it comes to UK fetish footwear, and lets face it how many in the UK are still left.

Yes, I bought three pairs. And I re-sold them on Ebay. I was not satisfied with the quality at all.

No need to defense yourself. I just threw in my personal opinion.

Yes, I bought three pairs. And I re-sold them on Ebay. I was not satisfied with the quality at all.

No need to defense yourself. I just threw in my personal opinion.

Why did you not contact us with your concerns rather than just re selling on Ebay, I find that very strange.!

Why did you not contact us with your concerns rather than just re selling on Ebay, I find that very strange.!

I did.

And I don't find that stange. Why keeping shoes that I don't like? Also you haven't offered returns at that time.

I contacted you when you re-designed your website. At that time the 'old' boots have already been sold for 2-3 years. I thought to give you another try. So, I asked for some changes on the standard styles, but you declined them immediately. I think you even haven't asked Leatherworks if they could do what I requested. Those were simple changes what other companies offer on request regularly. So, I purchased a pair at Fabulously Fetish. To have so much problems with them now, I couldn't guess before.

I don't wish to take sides in this disagreement but would note that the Skyscrapers website appears to be in breach of the UK/EU Distance Selling Regulations.

http://www.sky-scrapers.co.uk/index.php/terms_conditions

Notably in the "Returns" and "Cancellations" sections. An admin charge is clearly not allowed in the DSR.It is also a requirement to clearly identify the business before payment is made. This means an address or other details (such as company registration number) that will identify the place of business.

Here is a useful guide to the DSR: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft913.pdf

and another: https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

Another useful guide: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

The DSR apply throughout the EU, not just in the UK.

For goods sold in the UK the Sale of Goods Act also applies to all consumer purchases. There may of course be some disagreement between the buyer and seller as to what consittutes "merchantable quality" and "fit for purpose". If agreement cannot be reached then the final stage can be a small claim in the County Court, something that is both easy and simple for a claim for a fixed amount of money. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome This is one of the reasons why the company must be identifiable in an online sale. The buyer must be able, in the unfortuante case where this is necessary, be able to serve a legal notice. Unlike buying in a shop where the place of business is, by definition, known to the customer.

Other countries such as the USA wil have their own laws which are likely to differ from the UK and EU.

I did.

And I don't find that stange. Why keeping shoes that I don't like? Also you haven't offered returns at that time.

I contacted you when you re-designed your website. At that time the 'old' boots have already been sold for 2-3 years. I thought to give you another try. So, I asked for some changes on the standard styles, but you declined them immediately. I think you even haven't asked Leatherworks if they could do what I requested. Those were simple changes what other companies offer on request regularly. So, I purchased a pair at Fabulously Fetish. To have so much problems with them now, I couldn't guess before.

The reason we declined is that the "now Leatherworks" will not make any changes to the styles that they already do, we have tried before even on small changes and they will not do it. Reading your last comment are you saying that you purchased a pair from Fabulously Fetish and have problems with them.?

I don't wish to take sides in this disagreement but would note that the Skyscrapers website appears to be in breach of the UK/EU Distance Selling Regulations.

http://www.sky-scrapers.co.uk/index.php/terms_conditions

Notably in the "Returns" and "Cancellations" sections. An admin charge is clearly not allowed in the DSR.It is also a requirement to clearly identify the business before payment is made. This means an address or other details (such as company registration number) that will identify the place of business.

Here is a useful guide to the DSR: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft913.pdf

and another: https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

Another useful guide: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

The DSR apply throughout the EU, not just in the UK.

For goods sold in the UK the Sale of Goods Act also applies to all consumer purchases. There may of course be some disagreement between the buyer and seller as to what consittutes "merchantable quality" and "fit for purpose". If agreement cannot be reached then the final stage can be a small claim in the County Court, something that is both easy and simple for a claim for a fixed amount of money. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome This is one of the reasons why the company must be identifiable in an online sale. The buyer must be able, in the unfortuante case where this is necessary, be able to serve a legal notice. Unlike buying in a shop where the place of business is, by definition, known to the customer.

Other countries such as the USA wil have their own laws which are likely to differ from the UK and EU.

Thanks, but we have not had any problems or complaints in the past about our terms and conditions, we have contact by address email and and phone number all of which have been checked and ok'd by the powers that be.

Please take this discussion to the PM system instead. It looks potentially ugly.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The reason we declined is that the "now Leatherworks" will not make any changes to the styles that they already do, we have tried before even on small changes and they will not do it. Reading your last comment are you saying that you purchased a pair from Fabulously Fetish and have problems with them.?

Yes. I already mentioned it here. I was lucky to talk with them/the shoemaker by phone and I hope all gets finde now. There was a problem cause of language barriers.

Yes. I already mentioned it here. I was lucky to talk with them/the shoemaker by phone and I hope all gets finde now. There was a problem cause of language barriers.

Lets hope so, we get numerous emails and calls from people asking what has happened to them because they try and contact them but without sucess and seems most have placed orders.!! 

• 3 years later...

I would just like to make everyone aware that we have absolutely nothing to do with the London based company Fabulously Fetish, which it would appear alot of people think we are, all our footwear is made by the old company Leatherwork which has now relocated to the Midlands. I have been told some very worrying stories from customers of ours, Skyscrapers, who had placed orders and parted with alot of money with Fabulously Fetish and have received nothing, it would appear these are not just one of instances but quite common, so please be very careful if thinking of ordering from them. Unlike them we can always be contacted by email, phone and twitter and would never ever not fulfill an order. So please remember SKY-SCRAPERS footwear has nothing to do with Fabulously Fetish. Thanks