What is the longest you have ever gone without taking off your heels?

heidi.bier

For as long as I can remember I have had the habit of slipping off my shoes while seated, for example at my desk, or when just relaxing at work or any setting. This is not that the shoes are uncomfortable or my feet are tired, its just me. And now being able to wear only one shoe I still do it. The longest single time constantly in a heel is during sales presentations in one heel and on my crutches, about five hours. At times I will stop moving about and lift my heel out of my shoe - usually a 4" pump. I also like a slingback for presentations.

The longest time in heels were at bussiness meeting for about 16 hours. It was in winter and I wore black leatherboots with 3.5" heels. I wore them from the early morning, the drive to airport, during the short flight and the meeting with alot to walk, the flight and drive back home. After that I was very tired, my feet were hurting. Next day only 2" heels for 7 hours and than weekwend.

The longest time in heels were at bussiness meeting for about 16 hours. It was in winter and I wore black leatherboots with 3.5" heels. I wore them from the early morning, the drive to airport, during the short flight and the meeting with alot to walk, the flight and drive back home. After that I was very tired, my feet were hurting. Next day only 2" heels for 7 hours and than weekwend.

16 hours where you do a significant amount of time in a pair of 3.5" high heel boots is a significant amount of time! Were they very comfortable boots? Did they have a fur lining to help provide some padding during those 16 hours?

That was also dedication, keeping the 3.5" high heel boots on during your flight home. Do you usually keep your heels or boots on during flights?

Days? As in your heels stayed on overnight?

What kind of heels were you wearing that time?

Wasn't really that time. Back then I was never allowed out of heels and they were usually locked on me to make sure I couldn't get em off. The last 2 years I was with him all I wore were 6" heels or ballets.

Yes, I do walk in these

Wasn't really that time. Back then I was never allowed out of heels and they were usually locked on me to make sure I couldn't get em off. The last 2 years I was with him all I wore were 6" heels or ballets.

6" heels??? With or without platform?

You'd better give me some tips on how to stay in such high heels!!!

I can't wear anything over a 2" heel for a significant amount of time without a lot of padding. That is why whenever I have on a heel over 2", it is almost always boots, usually knee high boots. With boots, I can hide two layers of pantyhose and one to two layers of thick socks inside for padding so wearing such high heels is less painful.

6" heels??? With or without platform?

You'd better give me some tips on how to stay in such high heels!!!

I can't wear anything over a 2" heel for a significant amount of time without a lot of padding. That is why whenever I have on a heel over 2", it is almost always boots, usually knee high boots. With boots, I can hide two layers of pantyhose and one to two layers of thick socks inside for padding so wearing such high heels is less painful.

Always no platform I wasn't allowed to have platform heels. You might just not have good feet to wear really high heels. I guess I was lucky in that I always had pretty good arches, did ballet as a kid, so when he started training my feet for fetish heels it was maybe not as big a deal as it would be for you.

Yes, I do walk in these

Always no platform I wasn't allowed to have platform heels. You might just not have good feet to wear really high heels. I guess I was lucky in that I always had pretty good arches, did ballet as a kid, so when he started training my feet for fetish heels it was maybe not as big a deal as it would be for you.

Do you find your ballet training helps you with balance and longevity when you are wearing non-platform heels for a long period of time?

Today, I have on a pair of leather boots with 3" thin heels. No platform. I managed to survive the entire day in them as I the two pairs of pantyhose and two pairs of socks helped give me a LOT of padding, otherwise, I would have had to change to flats. With summer coming, I either have to be able to withstand some heat or start wearing lower heels or ballet flats soon .......

Do you find your ballet training helps you with balance and longevity when you are wearing non-platform heels for a long period of time?

Today, I have on a pair of leather boots with 3" thin heels. No platform. I managed to survive the entire day in them as I the two pairs of pantyhose and two pairs of socks helped give me a LOT of padding, otherwise, I would have had to change to flats. With summer coming, I either have to be able to withstand some heat or start wearing lower heels or ballet flats soon .......

I think you either have good feet for heels or you don't. Doing ballet and pointe and training your feet can certainly help, but if you just have horrible feet for heels nothing is going to make even 4" heels comfortable.

Yes, I do walk in these

I think you either have good feet for heels or you don't. Doing ballet and pointe and training your feet can certainly help, but if you just have horrible feet for heels nothing is going to make even 4" heels comfortable.

Good thing I've been creative and found a way to wear 3" heels all day :)

In fact, the current pair of 3" high heel boots I have had on for 12 hours straight already although I might need a quick change of socks if I am going to wear them for another extensive period of time .......

Good thing I've been creative and found a way to wear 3" heels all day :)

In fact, the current pair of 3" high heel boots I have had on for 12 hours straight already although I might need a quick change of socks if I am going to wear them for another extensive period of time .......

You know, if you want to try 4" or 5" heels, simply wear one with a platform and/or try wearing a few more layers of socks inside your boots. The good thing with wearing high heeled boots is that no one will know you are wearing so much padding so they usually are simply amazed that you can walk in them!

As a dancer, I know how very important padding is. They help prevent blisters and making dancing in heels that much more comfortable. Since you want to wear higher heels, simply add on another layer of pantyhose and thick socks. Be sure to buy your boots a size larger to accommodate the padding.

The longest I have been locked in heels is about 65 hours over a long weekend. The only heels I get locked into are ballet boots so that means a lot of time lying around, sitting or staggering around.

The longest I have been locked in heels is about 65 hours over a long weekend. The only heels I get locked into are ballet boots so that means a lot of time lying around, sitting or staggering around.

Locked in? Did you lose the key or did the person who have the key step out without forgetting to unlock you?

You know, if you want to try 4" or 5" heels, simply wear one with a platform and/or try wearing a few more layers of socks inside your boots. The good thing with wearing high heeled boots is that no one will know you are wearing so much padding so they usually are simply amazed that you can walk in them!

As a dancer, I know how very important padding is. They help prevent blisters and making dancing in heels that much more comfortable. Since you want to wear higher heels, simply add on another layer of pantyhose and thick socks. Be sure to buy your boots a size larger to accommodate the padding.

After hearing so many people wear such high heels, today, I decided to try wearing a pair of knee high boots with a 4 inch heel. I walked really slowly from my car to my office but I managed to do it! I am so proud of myself :)

I tried these boots on at the store first with 3 pairs of pantyhose and 3 pairs of socks. I have that on too but no one knows it and all my co-workers are so impressed I can walk in this :)

Some keys to walking in such high heels including walking close to walls so you have something to hold onto in case you are unstable and using lots and lots of padding to offset discomfort.

My feet are hot inside boots, pantyhose and socks but it is worth it to be able to wear 4 inch heels :wave:

On the rare ocassions where I get to wear ballet boots we are usually out of town where we will not be recognized and sometimes i have been locked in them and he leaves the key at home so i have no choice until we come home.

On the rare ocassions where I get to wear ballet boots we are usually out of town where we will not be recognized and sometimes i have been locked in them and he leaves the key at home so i have no choice until we come home.

Then how do you shower or take baths?

I have been trying to adapt to higher heels by wearing my high heel boots with 4" heels for an extended period of time. However, they do need to come off for showers and for when I go to bed.

Then how do you shower or take baths?

I have been trying to adapt to higher heels by wearing my high heel boots with 4" heels for an extended period of time. However, they do need to come off for showers and for when I go to bed.

You take a bath and keep your feet out of the tub..... yes.... it sucks.....

Yes, I do walk in these

Getting back on topic of wearing heels for an extended period of time, I have been trying to adjust to higher heels this week. My current pair of boots have a 3.5" heel which I am very slowly getting accustomed to as I usually wear 3" or less heels. I have worn this pair of boots for 3 days straight with them only coming off for showering and sleeping everyday! Today is probably my last day as my legs are getting exhausted so I will likely change back to flats when I get home.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps an equally interesting question would be how long you've gone without putting heels on. I think over the past year the longest I've gone without heels is around eight hours whilst I'm in bed. As I've said elsewhere, I tend to slip my shoes off when I'm at my desk, or occasionally I wear flat boots when walking, but my feet are seldom out of heels for long! Alexa

Alexa, you even wear your heels around the house?

After getting off work and arriving home, I sometimes just don't feel like unzipping my knee high leather boots and wrestling with them to get them off. Afterwards, peeling off my wool socks and put them in the washer. Since I am usually sitting anyways at home, sometimes I just leave my high heeled boots on until my evening shower so there are days now where I am in 3" heels for 12 hours at a time, although a lot of that time is sitting down. Does anyone else do this as well?

Perhaps an equally interesting question would be how long you've gone without putting heels on. I think over the past year the longest I've gone without heels is around eight hours whilst I'm in bed. As I've said elsewhere, I tend to slip my shoes off when I'm at my desk, or occasionally I wear flat boots when walking, but my feet are seldom out of heels for long!

Alexa

I just realized that over the past two months, there have only been one or two days when I did not wear heels at least sometime during a 24 hour period! I used to get exhausted wearing heels for even a short amount of time but now, I believe I am getting really good at wearing heels because I can wear them daily!

Earlier this summer I did four straight days (close to 90 hours) locked in ballet shoes. Not sure I would do this again but I think my husband enjoyed it more and more. quote=heidi.bier;279310]What is the longest you have ever kept the same pair of heels on for? What type of heels were they? Was there a reason you kept the same pair of heels on for so long?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

As a dancer, I am never in any one pair of heels for an extremely lengthy period of time. I tend to swap heels to freshen up and alternate heel heights as well so I don't tire myself out in the tallest heels all the time. At my most recent dance, I was alternating between two pairs of boots and one pair of pumps.