New Men's Heels from Jeffery Campbell

CassieJ

If women wear these "men's" heels from Jeffrey Cambell, does that make them women's heels?

I like it. :)

Any comments Amanda?

Al

I'll save my money for the day when they decide to sell something other than Glam Rock circus shoes.

Some of Jeffrey Campbell's shoes are really cool, but I'm really not feeling his Lita boots.

I remember watching this as a child at school. It's never been more relevant.

http://youtu.be/0tKBPl3VZXg

I'm with you on this. The blockaboots video was hysterical! LOL

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

If women wear these "men's" heels from Jeffrey Cambell, does that make them women's heels?

The designers may be attempting to prevent this by only selling them in the size range of men's 9 - 14? It's effectively the reverse of what those of us face when trying to find women's shoes or boots that aren't too small.

Charlie

Solestruck.com just added more heels for men.

http://www.solestruck.com/first-by-jeffrey-campbell-lita-mens-multi-glitter/index.html

They come in men's sizes from 9-14.

Enjoy!

A bit too fem and in your face for the average guy IMHO.

But have you seen these on the same site? Personally I find them a bit ugly, but if heels are going to become more mainstream for the average guy, then these are the kind of shoes that will help achieve that, rather than silver glitter platforms.

I would say to every guy here, that if you like these boots it is almost your duty to buy a pair. They are men's heels made for men, and we should support any manufacturer doing these to prove there is a market.

Now is the critical time - Jeffrey Campbell are just dipping their toe in the water to test the demand. If they don't sell well, they may not bother with any other styles and it will be an opportunity missed, but if they sell well they will introduce more styles of heels for men.

I imagine that there are other manufacturers who are aware that there is a niche catwalk trend of men in heels, but unsure if it could translate in to mainstream sales. Those aware of the Jeffery Campbell boots will be watching closely to see how well they sell.

Please support JC in their brave new venture. They are doing this for us!

post-956-133522943792_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I don't like them. In fact there haven't been any "heels for men" that I have like so far. The designers seem to be the ones who are stuck in a box.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

A bit too fem and in your face for the average guy IMHO.

But have you seen these on the same site? Personally I find them a bit ugly, but if heels are going to become more mainstream for the average guy, then these are the kind of shoes that will help achieve that, rather than silver glitter platforms.

I would say to every guy here, that if you like these boots it is almost your duty to buy a pair. They are men's heels made for men, and we should support any manufacturer doing these to prove there is a market.

Now is the critical time - Jeffrey Campbell are just dipping their toe in the water to test the demand. If they don't sell well, they may not bother with any other styles and it will be an opportunity missed, but if they sell well they will introduce more styles of heels for men.

I imagine that there are other manufacturers who are aware that there is a niche catwalk trend of men in heels, but unsure if it could translate in to mainstream sales. Those aware of the Jeffery Campbell boots will be watching closely to see how well they sell.

Please support JC in their brave new venture. They are doing this for us!

I'm considering buying a pair. I'll have to see how big the root canal bill (OUCH!) is first though..

Charlie

I totally agree with Shafted. I don't like them either. While I'm happy to buy shoes for men that fit and look good, in my opinion these don't score well, at least in looks (I have not tried them on and don't plan to). I'm not about to support a company just because they've dipped a toe in the water for men's heels. I am afraid that it will only encourage them to come out with other ugly designs. Like most others here, I'm (literally) voting with my feet! Steve

When a guy buys a pair of "women's" heels, they should try to make sure the seller knows a guy will be wearing them. This will support what is needed in a line of men's heels and then we won't have to settle for just any styles that are viewed as men's already. No one else should be able to tell us what we have to wear to satisfy their perspective. If they want us to tell them, then that is their choice.

Personally I like the shoes maybe not that color but hopefully there will be more colors. I think it all comes back down to if a guy wants to wear male heels and they are like 3 inches high and no one notices but him then what is the point??

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

When a guy buys a pair of "women's" heels, they should try to make sure the seller knows a guy will be wearing them. This will support what is needed in a line of men's heels and then we won't have to settle for just any styles that are viewed as men's already. No one else should be able to tell us what we have to wear to satisfy their perspective. If they want us to tell them, then that is their choice.

Back in the 70's when men were wearing the high-heeled "disco/platform" shoes, there were some styles that were for men, but they looked more feminine because the heel was higher and slimmer. They were very pretty and they were advertised "for men." I couldn't agree more with Histiletto. If the shoe makers knew that men preferred a more sleek, feminine high heel, this could make a big impact toward not only fashion but men's heeling.

Back in the 70's when men were wearing the high-heeled "disco/platform" shoes, there were some styles that were for men, but they looked more feminine because the heel was higher and slimmer. They were very pretty and they were advertised "for men." I couldn't agree more with Histiletto. If the shoe makers knew that men preferred a more sleek, feminine high heel, this could make a big impact toward not only fashion but men's heeling.

I hear what you're saying roniheels, but I don't prefer more feminine slimmer heels. This is the essential problem someone faces when they try to make men's high heels. Who do they try to market to? Personally, if I were a shoe/boot designer, I'd be thinking that the market is well covered for those that like more feminine styled heels already. These boots/shoes are an attempt at something unique and different. One must break a few eggs to make an omelet. LOL

Charlie

Can't disagree you Charlie. They would be perfect for being more discrete. But then again no has accused me of being discrete in my stilettos.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sorry, I don't like them. In fact there haven't been any "heels for men" that I have like so far. The designers seem to be the ones who are stuck in a box.

Yeah. I totally agree.

I am already mad and bored, seeing "men´s shoes". They all look the same, ugly and preferred in black, some in brown and some in beige (often combined with othopedic air sole and spygmomanometer :) )

And this is also one reason why I like "female" shoes. They offer a big more variety. They have style and grace!

Exactly that is missing on designer heels for men so far.

:-(

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

Hi All, I checked out the Jeffrey Campbell shoes and thought... well we are seing lots of 70's-inspired clothing and shoes right now. They are not my cup of tea and can see why others wouldn't like them. They do offer SOMETHING for those that yearn to wear heels and feel that a designer marketing them as "for men" will give them the acceptance/license to wear them from whatever imaginary authority they seek. I, like many here, prefer a much more feminine-looking shoe with brighter colors and vibrant designs set atop taller and skinnier heels. My question is; who is the designer?? How may they be contacted and has anyone here done that? The method that is available to all of us though is through direct feedback. You can write a review of a shoe and make it obvious you are a male consumer. An even better way is to mail a company via the "contact us/customer feedback" tab on their website. Keep it concise; tell them who you are (I always use my real name so they can match credit card transaction with the person writing to them), the date and time of your visit to their store, your overall experience there, how you use their product, and your concerns/suggestions for product improvement. The designers will not know unless the message is conveyed. You have to understand that the money that male consumers spend on high heels is 100% disposable income and these designers will pick up on that IF they hear from us and then understand there is a sector of the market they have been missing. If WE want more choices in the shoes WE want to wear then WE have to tell them THEM what we want. HappyinHeels:wave:

I think the designers should spend some quality time here to get some ideas.

Jeffrey Campbell's shoes are new to me, but I did exert some retail therapy and purchased a pair of wedge boots, I am on my way home to hopefully find them waiting for me. As part of the purchase Solestruck has requested a feedback form which I will fill out. And having these thoughts as many of you have expressed here, will give some feedback about men fitting these styles and sizes. Awesome chance to hopefully direct input to (Jeffrey Campbell) as he may be able provide more styles in the future. Solestruck seems to be a great store shop at. Will write more soon! Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...

Same here.

For some reason mens high heeled styles I have seen seem to have to retain the same clunky style as their mainstream men's fashions. Even clunkier women's fashions which begin to approach men's styles remain more elegant.

classic style high heel boots

This is probably a Jeffrey Campbell style that isn't intended for the male market, but I couldn't resist them. The amazing "Get Out" is a crazy stunning design. Not for everyone's tastes, but I love the platform and postmodern architecture.

post-139-133522947045_thumb.jpg

post-139-133522947074_thumb.jpg

post-139-1335229471_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to agree here. If a manufacturer wants to market heels to men and gain a reasonably wide level of acceptance, they're going to have to avoid ultra-high fashion "catwalk" couture. The average guy isn't that fashion hyper-forward. Most guys also aren't comfortable walking in stillettoes yet, either. I think if a manufacturer wants to introduce men's heels, they need to focus in on the average man's comfort level and push it just a bit - begin offering traditional men's styles, but with a taller - though standard man's dress heel in the 1.5 to 2.5" range. Cuban heels can also easily be introduced into lines of men's shoes in gradually increasing heights as men become comfortable with wearing and walking in heels. They can also introduce some of the more unisex women's styles in men's sizes. These would primarily be thicker heels (.5-1.5" square at the base, or thicker), block heels, or wedges, with the occasional stilletto for the more daring or more slight-framed men out there. Until they gain full acceptance they probably need to keep to the "boring" basic shades of brown and black, though nothing says they can't experiment with different textures, exotic leathers, and suedes. Accents at first would likely need to keep at most to wider straps and/or buckles around the ankle - flowers and bows probably aren't ever going to gain wide acceptance as a male clothing statement. Sticking to classic more unisex styles initially would ease the transition for a much wider number of men who don't particularly want to look "girly". (Not that there's anything wrong for those that do, but you have to admit, they are a distinct minority of the male clothing buyers).

So what's wrong with these? I would say the general public male would be more on the Conservative side than any thing else. If men wearing high heels for some women is a travesty you need to be Conservative in designs to start off. If you want more adventures designs buy ones marketed to women. So I say it's a good start.

post-143-133522947621_thumb.jpg

post-143-133522947625_thumb.jpg

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

So what's wrong with these? I would say the general public male would be more on the Conservative side than any thing else. If men wearing high heels for some women is a travesty you need to be Conservative in designs to start off. If you want more adventures designs buy ones marketed to women. So I say it's a good start.

I think either of these are mainsteam enough to appeal to a wide range of potential, male high heel wearers. Yet, they offer some style, too.

I wore male platform shoes back in the disco (1970's) era, that were more over the top than either of these shoes. At the time, I did not recall that acceptance of those shoes was an issue. But, alot of people bought into that style so it was became more mainstream as time went on. Somewhere along the line, the platforms died along with disco (RIP disco). :irked:

I tend to agree. It must be working? They only have size 11 and up left?

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody bought a pair ? It seems that the stock is already down to only 1 pair left at Jeffrey Campbells, sizing 46. Unfortunately I'm a size 44/45 - US 12. They can be bought from Solestruck, or at www.idontlikemondays.us.

Would anyone like to sell his ?