Emo Sene Guys In Heels

Asa Valen

Surely normal just means average. I have no problem with it. We use words to understand the world and describe things to each other. A £140000 Ferrari isn't a normal car but it is a normal supercar.

1% in the middle of the population can be the mid /average. As you expand either way the variance opens up. Is that 1% jeans and t shirts or suits and tie? or those that are both? I would hazard a guess that it would take a very truthful survey to get an accurate breakdown as to dress style/preference to find a true average. In some cases these styles may address more than just a cult following. In the same sense what was the OTT reaction in the opening comments. Would anyone be happy living next to to a Skinhead that just happens to agree with or be a member of the national front unless you were also in agreement. But doubtful in Chelsea. Within each style group there is the centre core, the activists and the traditionalists. Those (like us) are testing and creating change being active, the core will follow later but the trads are holding back, often acting as a controlling force to prevent extreme change too quickly. Unfortunately some without the full picture can be so anti that it creates bad feeling at an instant. Asa raised a question and valid. Whats wrong if the resulting style works if it's copied then its fashion moving on. It's evolution! Does it matter that person A wears heels in a suit, person B prefers jeans and C in a skirt. Girls do, so why can't we guys and that's why we are here! There is too much prejudging without thought or research as this thread has proved. Thanks Al

1% in the middle of the population can be the mid /average. As you expand either way the variance opens up.

Is that 1% jeans and t shirts or suits and tie? or those that are both?

I would hazard a guess that it would take a very truthful survey to get an accurate breakdown as to dress style/preference to find a true average.

In some cases these styles may address more than just a cult following.

In the same sense what was the OTT reaction in the opening comments.

Would anyone be happy living next to to a Skinhead that just happens to agree with or be a member of the national front unless you were also in agreement. But doubtful in Chelsea.

Within each style group there is the centre core, the activists and the traditionalists. Those (like us) are testing and creating change being active, the core will follow later but the trads are holding back, often acting as a controlling force to prevent extreme change too quickly.

Unfortunately some without the full picture can be so anti that it creates bad feeling at an instant.

Asa raised a question and valid. Whats wrong if the resulting style works if it's copied then its fashion moving on. It's evolution!

Does it matter that person A wears heels in a suit, person B prefers jeans and C in a skirt. Girls do, so why can't we guys and that's why we are here!

There is too much prejudging without thought or research as this thread has proved.

Thanks

Al

~Raises Glass~ Well Played

You see the thing is, like many fashion cults, the Emo look is very formulaic. Your skinny jeans need to be a specific brand (or look like they are), the shoes have to be a specific brand (Converse), the hair has to be cut to a specific pattern... apart from colour variations they all look the same which is why you can instantly recognise an Emo kid from someone who just happens to be wearing skinny jeans and eyeliner. By going outside those definitions you are in danger of losing your Emo tag and becoming something else. Emo is NOT about cross dressing or even blurring the boundaries. The guys do wear eyeliner but that's to reinforce a male look and the haircut isn't really androgynous because only a Emo girl would consider a haircut like that.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Exactly Dr. Shoe. Although People use the term a lot following the Emo's one would have to transgress to there teen roots and follow certain criteria. For a group so maligned there fashion has been adoped into the main stream, some in part and some piece mill into the main stream. However back to heels, if a male with the hair style the skinny jeans, the T shirts and in a pair of Stiletto heel boots in stead of "chucks" would look very Attractive. There again Scene is the operative word too, the adoption of style instead of action would be scene, but not pure Emo at all.

I was throughly confused by the start of this thread starting with Bubba's first reply and then the hyper-defensive retort, for such a harmless topic. I was like what in the heck is going on here... I am glad to see this developed into a much more productive thread. :( I kinda like the Emo look a little bit. I think I am too old to participate, but I feel its sort of next generation punk, or am I perhaps skipping a generation (~goth?). Anyway, I like that it stretches the boundaries of acceptable things for guys to wear in a more androgynous direction. Also, think some of the Emo girls are cute as well. :wave: lol