Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I stopped at the Goodwill, just because I was in the area, and found a new pair of brown faux suede boots "Eliza" by George with a 2½" block heel for $8. I tried them on and they fit perfectly so I headed to the register.  On the way I saw some 3" wide elastic belts with fancy buckles for $2 each and added two to my collection. 

GEDC1245.jpg

I went to a jam last night and wore a long black sweater with one of the belts and OTK boots.  This was primarily a guitar jam but I also took my cello which just adds to my "never know what to expect" image.

GEDC1246.jpg

I dashed outside for the picture and discovered it was way too cold (30F -1C) for short sleeves and a mini skirt but that was this morning's attire.  I took the close up picture indoors. :penitent:

:wavey:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

So as my wife continues to level up her comfort of my heeling(yes, pun intended), I have been on the search for some boots that could be looked at as either masculine or feminine to keep her comfortable. I primarily searched DSW.com because I had two certificates totaling $25 off, and who doesn't love discounted things?!

Now just as a precursor for those of you who don't know, I have two pairs of riding boots I try to wear almost every day, regardless of the company I am around. The one pair of heeled boots I absolutely love to wear, my wife is still warming up to me wearing them around town, but when I am out of town for work, she doesn't care.

So this trek was to find some boots that could pass either way, and at least be within her comfort level.

Oirignally she was comfortable with boots she saw that were 2" or less in heel, but these are between 2.25 and 2.5", so not much taller, but she did like them a lot. I've already worn them out twice within the first week of getting them, and I must say, they are extremely comfortable! My only wish is that the calf was a bit smaller, as I have 'chicken legs' per my wife's description.

I took photos with 3 different pairs of jeans, and am curious as to what you all think!

The boots are Sable, made by Indigo Rd., size 10m

IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4539.JPG

IMG_4540.JPG

IMG_4541.JPG

IMG_4543.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BBboots said:

Was in need of some OTK boots as I currently (or previously) didn't own any. Couldn't decide between the Chinese Laundry luster or the Aldo Graziella, so when I found one for over 50% off on Ebay I just got both. Stock pictures below. Also a review on Aldo for anyone interested. I think the Aldo are a bit classier, they are very soft. 

Kneebooted, the jeans tucked in I think looks better. When you wear them under jeans you get the awkward bulge at the top of the boots. 

aldo.jpg

luster.jpg

So I think it goes without saying both pairs are hot, and I would love to have either!

Thanks for the compliment too!

As for the bulge when I wear the boots under jeans, I found that if I wrap my knee high socks over the tops, it pulls them in and hides the bulge. In the above pictures, I was just wearing some regular socks, but I totally agree with you.

On Tuesday, January 03, 2017 at 9:26 PM, BBboots said:

Was in need of some OTK boots as I currently (or previously) didn't own any. Couldn't decide between the Chinese Laundry luster or the Aldo Graziella, so when I found one for over 50% off on Ebay I just got both. Stock pictures below. Also a review on Aldo for anyone interested. I think the Aldo are a bit classier, they are very soft. 

Kneebooted, the jeans tucked in I think looks better. When you wear them under jeans you get the awkward bulge at the top of the boots. 

aldo.jpg

luster.jpg

Love them both but my first choice would be the second pair!

• Like 1

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

3 hours ago, XtremeHeels said:

Love them both but my first choice would be the second pair!

Thank you! Those are more casual IMO, I've worn those with skinny jeans and a sweater to the movies a few times so far. 

• Like 1

Once more the postman cometh beating boxes of boots.  Just because I am expecting to wear this black pair a lot this winter and anticipate them getting messed up in the snow,

GEDC1007.jpg

I bought a second pair.   They being on sale for $23 with free shipping made the decision to get a second pair easier.

The other new pair are also from ShoeShow.com.  These are Chelsea Moreland "Gorgeous" OTK boots in taupe size 12 with a 4" block heel for about $30.  The boots have a flashy zipper and the toe is almond shaped.  When I first put them on they the width was tight but they have relaxed a good bit with a second wearing.  The shaft on these boots is very light and just for show whereas the black boots are heavier and quite functionally warm.  The shaft, although not wide calf, is generous enough to need to be worn over jeans rather than leggings.  There is also a functional tie at the top (untied in the pictures).

GEDC1323.jpg  GEDC1324.jpg  GEDC1326.jpg

The more I'm wearing these boots, the more I'm liking them.  They are also available in black, red, and gray and I'm sorely tempted.:penitent:

Addendum:

After wearing these new Chelsea Moreland boots for a day, I find them to be the most comfortable heel to walk in that I own.  The geometry of the shoe design is right on the mark.

Second addendum:

To go with a red leather jacked I just bought I've ordered a pair of these boots in red, and while they were on sale (with free shipping) I ordered a pair in gray.  

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I stopped by my favorite thrift store with no intention of buying anything and walked out with a pair of black knee high boots in a size 11 with a 3" stiletto heel and a black knit dress.

GEDC1339.jpg  GEDC1340.jpg

The ladies at the counter, who know me very well, still remarked that they didn't see how I could walk on those heels, and I insisted that these weren't really serious heels.

If you haven't guessed, I really like my new hat.

I was out and about earlier today with a trip to my chiropractor (just a tune up) and several trips to the court house.

GEDC1336.jpg

I stopped in a local park for a picture.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

I stopped by my favorite thrift store with no intention of buying anything and walked out with a pair of black knee high boots in a size 11 with a 3" stiletto heel and a black knit dress.

GEDC1339.jpg  GEDC1340.jpg

The ladies at the counter, who know me very well, still remarked that they didn't see how I could walk on those heels, and I insisted that these weren't really serious heels.

If you haven't guessed, I really like my new hat.

I was out and about earlier today with a trip to my chiropractor (just a tune up) and several trips to the court house.

GEDC1336.jpg

I stopped in a local park for a picture.

I think both outfits looks fantastic !!!

1 hour ago, Bigfoot15 said:

My wife bought me this pair. I posted them in for the guys section under "New Boots"

:black thigh highs.jpg

Those are awesome boots!!!!  Even better that your wife picked them up for you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluejay said:

These are my new boots from Nine West, that I got today. They fit well and I'll be wearing them out real soon with my leggngs or tights for all to see.

http://www.bonton.com/sc1/shoes/womens-boots-knee-high/nine-west-krayzie-tall-dress-boots-1111171.html

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice looking boots.  Take a look at that vendors OTK collection.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:49 AM, bluejay said:

These are my new boots from Nine West, that I got today. They fit well and I'll be wearing them out real soon with my leggngs or tights for all to see.

http://www.bonton.com/sc1/shoes/womens-boots-knee-high/nine-west-krayzie-tall-dress-boots-1111171.html

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Those boots look great

On 13/01/2017 at 4:49 PM, bluejay said:

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice looking boots

are they leather or synthetic 

please let me know if they're true to size 

love them

Regards

James